• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Still looking for a GT/CS

Mosesatm

If the seafoam green car is as nice as it looks in the photos it would be my first choice. Highly optioned J-code.

robert campbell

would love to know more on the Oklahoma car. It is an early car with recessed reflectors.....

PonyGal

I also agree on the Seafoam Green one. That is the one I would choose out of the three you have posted. Nicely optioned J-code...

Whatever you decide, get a Marti report first!!

Mosesatm

The Oklahoma car seems to have the wrong dash. I also like the sea foam green car as well.

The seller is a dealer who probably also has a '69 for sale and mixed up the photos. That GT/CS is one I'd run away from.

franklinair

The Seafoam looks to be the best of the 3. Question: Deluxe interior/overhead console. Shouldn't it have the lower console as well? Looks like a Humphugger installed.

Neil

aemoo28

Ok in the last one, the red J code, the pony on the steering wheel is upside down. I thought it was just mine that had this weird upside down thing going on.

The Richland one, the first one, I don't know of. It's here in my state, but I've never seen it. I admit I haven't been able to annoy ALL the CS car owners, but the 68's I thought I had covered.

Please please please have someone who knows CSs go look at a potential car for you. We are all very helpful here, and have many good opinions.

Amy

somethingspecial

Ok in the last one, the red J code, the pony on the steering wheel is upside down. I thought it was just mine that had this weird upside down thing going on.

Amy

Amy, the steering wheel is in the upside down position. horn ring up top. Easy mistake. As far as the choices, The Seafoam Green car is my choice. Mike

OP
OP
G

GARPh

Ok- so I called the guy (Dave) about the Sea foam green Gt/CS (super nice btw). He is going to look for the Marti report. He said that the car does not have the lower console but does have the upper console (he thought that was odd as well). He believes there is also a little sun fade on the left quarter panel and the drivers seat does have a tear. He is also working to repair a part on the AC as well.

He is located in Riverside. Pending the information he sends back to me is there anyone willing or able to go look at this car?

Also, would it be possible to install a lower console?

Also, on the Oklahoma car I am pretty sure the interior pics are from two different cars (different steering wheels and one looks to have deluxe interior).

THANKS everyone! Emily

franklinair

What's wrong with the A/C? Does it work? I see temperatures in ATL @90+
I'd like to see photos of the engine compartment. Hopefully there's a site member near enough to look at the car for you. And, you're looking at $1,000+/- for shipping.

Neil

Ruppstang

The seafoam green car appears to have a deluxe interior and the overhead console was part of that package. The floor console was a stand alone option. Yes you can install one just cost $. Marty

gofastguy

The seafoam green is a pretty rare color. Do you like it? As I recall, you prefer the more unusual colors.

OP
OP
G

GARPh

Well I guess I should have taken better notes on the AC! I know he said he was going to fix it before it was sold. The AC is working but it needs a part that is like $60 (or at least that's what I recall from the conversation).

Yes I do like the Sea Foam green but I wish it had a lighter colored top. It seems like the sea foam greens always look better in person (as opposed to being photographed). I am waiting to hear back from the owner with the Marti Report before I go any further.

Ruppstang

There were only black or white tops. To me it look much better with the black top and black stripe. Marty