• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Sneak peek of my 428 CJ engine detail project

390cs68rcode

we are getting close to complettion on this project. We have completely disassembled the front end of the car from the firewall forward. Engine compartment was sandblasted and repainted to concourse level. The engine that is installed is a 1968.5 100% date code correct 428 CJ (the engine that was in it was a 69 block with a few 69 dated pieces). Most of the front suspension was restored as well. The rest of the car will be getting a coat of paint within the next year or so.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dsc00521.jpg
    Dsc00521.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 137

franklinair

Beeautiful!!
I'm not all that familiar with big blocks- what is the electrical apparatus on the right shock tower (red wires)? And starter solenoid?
What black did you use in the engine compartment? It looks really clean & crisp.
Note: The area below the cowl-to-hood seal should be body color, and I'm not sure about the master cylinder colors (natural/cast color for master cyl ?)
Lookin Good.

Neil

di81977

Very nice. Where is the shoe horn? Looks like a tight fit. Changing spark plugs can't be fun, but I am sure all those Cubic Inches are.

J.Bart

and the 69 block and pieces went where???????
might be interested

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

Beeautiful!!
I'm not all that familiar with big blocks- what is the electrical apparatus on the right shock tower (red wires)? And starter solenoid?
What black did you use in the engine compartment? It looks really clean & crisp.
Note: The area below the cowl-to-hood seal should be body color, and I'm not sure about the master cylinder colors (natural/cast color for master cyl ?)
Lookin Good.

Neil

not installed yet is the aftermarket AC system and that's what the extra red wires are for. Above the starter solenoid is a starter delay....unique to 68 CJ's and KR's. Expensive part to keep the engine from being cranked (4 second delay) if it does not fire.

Not sure on the black but I am sure it is the correct black.

The car is going to be painted in the next year or so and any incorrectness will be fixed at that time.

PFSlim

Jason

The big block looks great!! Can't wait to get mine fired up.

Paul

Attachments

• DSC00452.JPG
    DSC00452.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 27