• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Ran the Ford Gt at a local 1/4 strip....result....

390cs68rcode

11.08 at 131 in the GT. Backed it up with a 11.13 at 130. Both of these on the crappy stock Goodyear supercar street tires.

I won the street tire class (and would have won the drag radial class too with that time).

attachment.php

Attachments

• trophy.jpg
    trophy.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 101

CougarCJ

Well done! Good job banging your own gears.

Call you Mr Consistent,

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

thanks. I think some of the consistency comes from the car. It also ran 195 mph in the standing mile 4 times in a row a few months ago.

hookedtrout

That's awesome! The trophy is huge, I'd rather see pictures of the car but the trophy is pretty awesome.

Cory

hookedtrout

Now your talking, is the black one your's too? Looks like way too much fun to me.

Cory

Mustanger

Wow, you should do Ford's next TV ad !!! ... it sure is nice to see hp in action :thumb: ...

davidathans

this post caught my attention! Very awesome of you to post this and just the fact that you took the car to the track. What are your modifications or is your ford gt stock? Your 11.08 e.t. is the same as my current best with nitrous but your mph was 20mph faster lol

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

changes to the GT were a smaller supercharger pulley, tune, exhaust and air filters. This basic upgrade adds roughly 100rwhp. It's putting down 609 at the tires right now.

Yep, that's the fastest car I have. I am putting twin turbos on it within the next month or so, it will then put down over 1000hp at the tires. :)

davidathans

awesome!!!! ya the guys who worked on my car did the exact same upgrades on a ford gt....smaller pulley, tune, intake, exhaust and same results as you reported 100hp gain at the tires.

are you going to put some sticky drag radials on it and track it again before you do the twin turbos to see the difference? please post again once you do the twin turbos and/or you track it again. you are awesome jason i envy your life hahaha

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

I did a run with Hoosier R6's and ran a 11.2. Had some wheelspin with that time. I am guessing with properly warmed slicks it could go 10.8

doing some more 1/4 runs Sunday. :grin:

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

we were doing 60-130mph runs mainly. I ran a 7.4 as my best time with one shift.

They turned on the timing lights a little before the session was over and the best I could do was 11.2 with the new tires. It was kinda hot so a run in the morning or late evening will get me that 10.9 on the Pilot Cup tires. the 11.08 I ran was fairly late at night and it was easily 15 degrees cooler outside. Cool temps work well with superchargers.