• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

question, cal special t-shirts

Midnight Special

Mustanglvr said:
Hey Tim, would you consider doing a drawing of say, a GT/CS to frame? I`d like to have one of my car (Highland Green) to hang on my wall. I like all the planes and trains you do. What would that cost?

...Down the road, I'd be honored to do that for you Rhonda! Framed originals & prints are what I enjoy best. Right now I'm working to get better at cars however, which I'm finding are alot more difficult because they're more like 'painted mirrors' as compared to rusty locomotives and weathered airframes ;-)

As for the cost - well... Hmm... If we agreed that I made yours look like 'a million bucks' I'll only charge you half price. What'ya think??

So yours is Highland Green? ...Very cool! I just took delivery of a HG 390 4v. So far, I can't bring myself to park it for the remainder of winter :-O

Attachments

• grn2.jpg
    grn2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Engine 2070.jpg
    Engine 2070.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 16

rvrtrash

Now you've gone and done it Tim. We're all going to be wanting prints now. :wink:
Steve

Midnight Special

Progress Report

PNewitt said:
oh, gosh no! Do the shirts!

I appreciate the regards for me and my work--but go fo it!

Paul N.

...Here's the first of numerous concepts I'm playing with. This is very preliminary and coloring the cars is still the holdup. The cars are not detailed yet either, but I thought I'd toss this out there to let you know I'm workin' on it.

Generic this is, but we'll be able to do your individual colors and rims as I progress. please feel free to give me your ideas.

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 32

68sunlitgold

Tim,
great initial work...I like it and can't wait to see the final product.

Doug

rvrtrash

Looks good to me, especially since my car is white with red.
Steve

rvrtrash

PFSlim said:
Tim and Steve

They must have run out of Acapulco Blue when they painted your cars. (ha, ha)

Paul

Can't get me fired up Paul. Sorry. My 69 Fairlane convertible is Acapulco Blue and I think it's a great color.:grin:
Steve

PFSlim

Good. I am glad you wouldn't let someone rattle your cage alittle. As you both know, I think all the colors are very, very cool!!

Paul

Mustanglvr

Midnight Special said:
You're probably right Paul. I'm already getting low on Blue ink!!

Tim, the pic looks great so far. I know you`re still working on it but I wanted to mention that it still needs an antenna and the vent holes under the windshield wipers. The front of the hood looks a little off. Right above the grille. I`m sure a little different shading might help. I`m not an artist by any means and I don`t mean to insult your work in any way. I just want to help by giving you my opinion, k? :smile:

Midnight Special

Mustanglvr said:
Tim, the pic looks great so far. I know you`re still working on it but I wanted to mention that it still needs an antenna and the vent holes under the windshield wipers. The front of the hood looks a little off. Right above the grille. I`m sure a little different shading might help. I`m not an artist by any means and I don`t mean to insult your work in any way. I just want to help by giving you my opinion, k? :smile:

...Yep, still workin' on it Rhonda. Getting the colors down (in between real job) where I get proficient to be able to do all requests.

So... antenna, hood grilles, order a new hood... What engine should it have?? Geeze - this is turning into an all out restoration! 'Hope I can find the parts ;-)

Attachments

• Blu2.jpg
    Blu2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 19

Midnight Special

390cs68rcode said:
nope, hood scoop (similar to the 69 hood scoop). shakers are for 69 and up cars.

097_69-70_mach_1_hood_scoop.jpg

Hmm... Perhaps before for printing, I should put out a catalog of options to include hood scoops, spoilers, vinyl tops, wheels & on & on... Then only produce 4118 shirts total over a half-year period. ...This is too funny ;-)