• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

question, cal special t-shirts

somethingspecial

My thought was something like the "California Made it Happen" decal logo with a car, Like Pauls decal from 1988 over the Left breast. Perhaps we can put the .com under that. If we made long sleeve Ts, we could put .Com down one sleeve. I also thought of Polo Shirts in the color of OUR cars, with the "California Made it Happen" emblem embroidered on the left breast, and "Owner" "Your first Name" and then the VIN under that on the right breast. These would be personalized, but that is something the buyer could have done in their home town, or "Special" order, if the keeper of the shirts would be willing to do that.
Another thought is, look at the last page of the 96' registry, perhaps something like those graphics. For the HSC owners, we could modify the graphics and say "The West made it Happen.
I will be seeing Tim today, and I will run these ideas past him. Please keep up the great input. Mike

Mosesatm

I don't know...."California Made it Happen" has always seemed to me to be more of a testament to how wonderful California is than a description of the car. In fact, it doesn't say anything about the car at all. It could be describing Napa wines, or Disneyland, or a whole host of other California creations.

I'm not trying to bash creative ideas, just encouraging healthy dialogue.

hookedtrout

Just add my name to Mosesatm comments, my thoughts mirror his comments. I like simple, I'm not interested in selling my car on my shirt or even creating a conversation with my shirt, I don't live in California and don't really care to promote the state, nothing against CA I just have no interest in promoting the state.

I agree the two shirts serve a purpose and the t-shirt should be the graphic one.

Cory

Mosesatm

My vision for the polo shirt is something similar Jon's design but add the CaliforniaSpecial.com to one or both sleeves just above the band. Maybe make the GT/CS a little smaller. It might be cool to embroider a little profile of a car if that were possible. Very simple and clean, something that could be worn to a resort or a golf course.

somethingspecial

My thought was not just "California Made it Happen", If you have a 96 Registry, check out page 1, The circular logo, with the mustang is what I had in mind!! For the HCS folks, this could be substituted with the HCS badge.
I talked with Tim today, and he is all for you folks to give him your ideas. He is quite the artist, and he can (for the most part) transform your thoughts into a print. (Sorry Tim, Now you will have to live up to your reputation). Tim has some great ideas about highly graphic t-shirts. He will post his ideas for you guys. I know I am not alone on this, but I LOVE MY CAR, and am proud to own a GT/CS, and if these shirts promote the car, and someone wants to talk about them, even if the shirt is what starts the conversation, I would welcome the conversation. Mike

Midnight Special

...Something Special (Mike) and I met today & decided we will go ahead and produce some GT/CS T-shirts. The good thing is that we can accomodate a simple silk-screen design for low-cost mass production as well as a personalized (detailed transfer) design that can meet your individual objectives to include your colors, VIN numbers & anything else you may want via special order. Mike suggested and I agree that the californiaspecial.com will be included and all proceeds will at first go to Paul Newitt and the completion of his book (whether he likes it or not...). We don't care to capitalize on this, but rather promote this site and ultimately, the value of our Mustangs.

Having comitted myself now, I'll shut up & get to work... I will post my designs here within about two weeks and will desire your feedback to pull it all together.

TTYouThen.
Tim

Attachments

• artp51h copy.jpg
    artp51h copy.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 31

Mosesatm

Sorry, I don't have a '96 registry.

Sounds like you guys are on the right track for the t-shirts. We'll all be excited to see what you come up with.

rvrtrash

Midnight Special said:
Mike suggested and I agree that the californiaspecial.com will be included and all proceeds will at first go to Paul Newitt

TTYouThen.
Tim

Nothing against Paul Newitt but if we are donating proceeds (which I think is a very generous offer), shouldn't they go to Jon since he owns californiaspecial.com? I would think even Paul would agree that if we aren't using Paul's artwork but are using Jon's logo, Jon should get the money. Not trying to stir up anything, just trying to be fair and there are expenses involved with keeping a website up.
Steve

hookedtrout

rvrtrash said:
Nothing against Paul Newitt but if we are donating proceeds (which I think is a very generous offer), shouldn't they go to Jon since he owns californiaspecial.com? I would think even Paul would agree that if we aren't using Paul's artwork but are using Jon's logo, Jon should get the money. Not trying to stir up anything, just trying to be fair and there are expenses involved with keeping a website up.
Steve

Sounds logical to me, Jon's adventure (website) is less profitable than Paul's I would guess as Paul is selling his end result, no idea how much of a mark up but I would hope he is trying to make a profit.

Cory

Mosesatm

hookedtrout said:
Sounds logical to me, Jon's adventure (website) is less profitable than Paul's I would guess as Paul is selling his end result, no idea how much of a mark up but I would hope he is trying to make a profit.

Cory

Wholeheartedly agree. Jon's our hero!!!

Wow, that's twice in one day Hook and I have agreed.:ponder: :thumb:

hcsstang

What ever you use remember about the copy right. It's a sticky proposition. Even the logo " California Made it Happen".

somethingspecial

We've already discussed Copy Right issues and are looking in to it. Good point on Jon's website, as We wouldn't be here if it were'nt for him. A lot of people are waiting for the book, but no one seems to think about the expense of such a venture. We were trying to help him out with this. After that, we can discuss where proceeds go.

Midnight Special

rvrtrash said:
Steve

...Keep in mind here that Something Special and I don't wish to step on any toes nor are we saying we're doing the Official - Get it here Only - CS.com T-shirt... Rather, just trying to make a promotional contribution that we hope all of you approve. I've never met Jon, but his results obviously speak highly of his efforts. I would not be at all adverse to donating to maintenance of this website. If the designs are acceptable, and I recover production costs - then SELL, SELL, SELL! You guys can keep the rest. I've done the same for our local railroad museum, the CDF airtanker pilot memorial and the local air show here (to help pay for fuel to bring P-51 Mustangs to town). The personal rewards far exceed the $$ proceeds... Tim

Attachments

• mustang.jpg
    mustang.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 26

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I think I can safely speak for Paul by saying that neither of us do this for the money. :grin:

So let's work on the designs and logistics of getting the shirts done and worry about any money later. I'm really not that concerned about it. We'll figure something out.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Just as a reminder, anything that has the Registry logo on it needs to have Paul's involvment and blessing. I understand he's burried with another project for a week or two, so we should give him some time to come up for air and be a part of this discussion too.

Midnight Special

...Roger that Jon, I'm only doing the images right now. everything else will take care of itself w/ time. Simple... No worries... Tim

Attachments

• jalopy tiff.jpg
    jalopy tiff.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 23

Mosesatm

Midnight Special said:
...Roger that Jon, I'm only doing the images right now. everything else will take care of itself w/ time. Simple... No worries... Tim

Uh, Tim. That's quite a customized GT/CS!!:icon_lol:

hookedtrout

Midnight Special said:
...Keep in mind here that Something Special and I don't wish to step on any toes nor are we saying we're doing the Official - Get it here Only - CS.com T-shirt... Rather, just trying to make a promotional contribution that we hope all of you approve. I've never met Jon, but his results obviously speak highly of his efforts. I would not be at all adverse to donating to maintenance of this website. If the designs are acceptable, and I recover production costs - then SELL, SELL, SELL! You guys can keep the rest. I've done the same for our local railroad museum, the CDF airtanker pilot memorial and the local air show here (to help pay for fuel to bring P-51 Mustangs to town). The personal rewards far exceed the $$ proceeds... Tim

Very Generous Tim!!

Thanks