• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

question, cal special t-shirts

Midnight Special

Thanks Mike! Indeed, we're going to see if we can do Mustangs w/o wings here shortly with only one catch: I don't think Prismacolor makes a 'Highland Green' or a 'Gulfstream Aqua' pencil ;-) Tim

Attachments

• 9th AF -e.jpg
    9th AF -e.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 27
  • P51s,-auto-e-.jpg
    P51s,-auto-e-.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 23
  • color mustang p51.jpg
    color mustang p51.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 25
  • N7711C copy.jpg
    N7711C copy.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 20

Mosesatm

Midnight Special said:
I don't think Prismacolor makes a 'Highland Green' or a 'Gulfstream Aqua' pencil ;-) Tim

Tim, if you weren't fairly new to this site I'd think you were messing with me....and Rhonda....and Sara....and Mark!

Do you use pencils or markers or both?

Midnight Special

Mosesatm said:
Tim, if you weren't fairly new to this site I'd think you were messing with me....and Rhonda....and Sara....and Mark!

Do you use pencils or markers or both?

No...no messin' from me. My medium is color pencil w/ ocassional ink in the dark shadowy areas. Prismacolor is neat because you can blend & burnish to highlight body lines and the natural metal typical on airplanes. 'Rust bucket' cars and locomotives are easy too because of the shading and staining you can do w/ pencils.

Most 'car' guys however, prefer oil or acrylic artists and their ability to make classy car colors really shine. I don't have much experience w/ oils, so haven't done many cars. The CS t-shirts will be a fun challenge for which you all will ultimately decide... Any logos or special features will be separate artwork from the cars which can be added or deleted at will. Tim

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Engine 8.jpg
    Engine 8.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Engine 3 copy.jpg
    Engine 3 copy.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 23

PFSlim

This post slipped to the second page and didn't want to loose the smash to keep the idea of a shirt, thus, I just posted to bring it back to page 1.

Paul

bbeatty

Jon is working on the polo shirt and I'm helping on getting a quote from a friend in the embroidery business right now. This will happen!

Diesel Donna

I'd love to have a shirt before the April 9th Knott's show...I might have to make my own for the time being. :undecided

~~~~Donna

68sunlitgold

I think Jon needs to make this another of the "stick threads" so it stays on the first page.

Doug

Midnight Special

...Give me the weekend finalize the designs Paul. Right now I have 3/4 veiw drawings, front and rear, the CS and HCS logos and a concise history of the CS/HCS should anyone want that on the back. Colors are the 'challenge' now...

I know how picky people can be here - 'want to do my very best ;-)

P

PNewitt

For what it's worth, I really don't own the right to make GT/CS T-shirts. I would now, but I have a book to do. Like Jon previously said, all I want is that the GT/CS Registry logo, nor any of my artwork of the cars is used, but it looks like something totally unique is being done anyway. I'm glad to see the enthusiasm for this being done for owners.

I "may" bring my t-shirt designs back, and I have a neat idea for a new one later, but, we'll have to wait for the book first.

Good Luck!

Paul N.

Midnight Special

PNewitt said:
For what it's worth, I really don't own the right to make GT/CS T-shirts. I would now, but I have a book to do. Like Jon previously said, all I want is that the GT/CS Registry logo, nor any of my artwork of the cars is used, but it looks like something totally unique is being done anyway. I'm glad to see the enthusiasm for this being done for owners.

I "may" bring my t-shirt designs back, and I have a neat idea for a new one later, but, we'll have to wait for the book first.

Good Luck!

Paul N.

...I posted earlier that I'm not pretending to be 'official' here, rather responding to a request as I've done many times... for fun. Custom shirts for individuals (yes, different colors) and maybe a standard run if permitted. I know to use my own artwork and not your logos. I will also donate proceeds to the cause... that's only right. So... whatever the consensus here when you see the designs determines where I go. I'm really not all that attached since I'm doing them regardless for friends et-al... Paul, if you decide you'ld rather we hold out for yours - No problem.

P

PNewitt

oh, gosh no! Do the shirts!

I appreciate the regards for me and my work--but go fo it!

Paul N.

Mustanglvr

Hey Tim, would you consider doing a drawing of say, a GT/CS to frame? I`d like to have one of my car (Highland Green) to hang on my wall. I like all the planes and trains you do. What would that cost?