• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Polish preference

franklinair

Its been 6 months+/- since my CS was painted (BC/CC). I think now is time to polish/wax the paint. What's preferred, based on past experience?

Neil

Attachments

• IMG_0373.JPG
    IMG_0373.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 30

BigJim

I use Mother's products. Been using them for years and am happy with the results. I really like the polish ball for cleaning the wheels, makes it a lot easier then doing them by hand.

BigJim

BTW asking what polish to use on a car forum is like asking what oil to use on a motorcycle forum, all it does is stir up arguments. :)

Mosesatm

Neil,
Do you want a polish or a wax?
Most polishes have mild abrasives.

p51

Meguiars Ultimate Compound or Polish
Meguiars Car Glaze 7
Meguiars NXT 2.0 Tech Wax

green56

all years polish

on my 68 and 66 i use the liquid x2 polish does very well Tom

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

The CS is indoors all the time, unless I have it out on a spin around town. Shade is not a problem.
I've decided to go with the Meguire's products. They have very good videos depicting their products.
Thanks for all the inputs.

Neil

S

slimt

I tend to stay away from any mild abrasives on Bc /cc systems.. unless its to get rid of Dirt nibs or fine scratches.. getting the right polisher helps.. and very fine wet paper.. 3000 or 5000 grit wet/dry paper.. also.. just to many steps to get the scratch out to getting rid of the swirls after.. a lot of work if you have a lot of spare time..

this is something i do almost everyday.. its a pain..

di81977

Meguires 7 is the best, but only for single stage paint. Auto geek has informative videos.