• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'07-'08 GT/CS Nat'l club choice preference?

P

PNewitt

I would like to ask the owners of the '07 and '08 GT/CSs, as to which club they would like to, or have joined.

This would include SVTOA, Team Shelby, MCA, SAAC, etc.

If you haven't joined any of these clubs, which one(s) would you lean towards?

I don't mean to be nosey, but I'd like to get a feel for what club(s) the late model CS owners would prefer.

Would you like a specific 2007-2008 GT/CS club? (don't worry, we can do something for the early CSs, too)

Thanks!!

Paul N.

p.s. you may also include your preference for the website with message boards for the late model CS.

Caligirl

We are members of the MCA and our local club Mustang Club of St. Louis. We're happy with just these two clubs and really not interested in any others.

kjmcnally

Paul, I recently purchased my first mustang--2007 GT/CS Performance White and do not currently belong to any club. I would be interested in joining a club spcific to new model GT/CS's.

kjmcnally

J.Bart

my two cents is the 07-08 gt/cs cars ( like the 68's have done) can stand on there own. my first thoughts are that in a shelby club or svt club, the california specials would be the outsiders, or the little brother that just hangs around. i'm happy here at cs.com

Z28ZL1

Member of my local regional area Mustang Club. Don't wish to belong to any national org. I like it local so you know the peeps more better. But thats just me.:smile:

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Interesting reaction so far. I understand how the interest remains local.

When I get a grip on the book, I can spend more time "raising the bar" for the late model GT/CSs. From what I've been by reading this and other boards, is there is a groundswell of interest with the late model versions, and yet a bit of frustration with owners to "get something going". You want heritage, and history, production numbers and other information. Well, that part is coming in the book, but some sort of connection between owners, I feel is important.

There may be a different "tone" for the GT/CS owner, than, say, the Shelby or Bullitt, Rousch, Saleen, or Boss owner. Those owners may be more into the high performance / racing "genre'", and attend national (club) conventions.

We'll make this our own, and define the GT/CS our own way. It's kind of amazing how that niche has been found so soon, so well. It's just a matter of finding a lot more owners of the '07/'08 GT/CSs.

But, we will.

Paul N.

somethingspecial

Although I don't have a new model GT/CS, I wanted to make a statement. I have considered buying a late model as of late, but haven't decided yet. Regardless, I do belong to MCA, who doesn't care which year car or special interest model you have, everyone is one big family.

I know there are lots of local clubs around the world as well as other national clubs, which all are very good I'm sure. I really like CS.com as a club/FAMILY (I like the latter) as everyone here treat you like a family member. CS.com can be a club, right? Mike

Ladystang

Hubby and I belong to three clubs. The MCA; South Jersey Mustang Club, and the Badmustangsclub.com. That one is an internet club with a group of us from the tri-state area that goes to shows and other events together. We have had as many as 38 cars at one time. At least 5 of these have been CS's. Check us out on the web Paul.

BroadwayBlue

Hubby and I belong to three clubs. The MCA; South Jersey Mustang Club, and the Badmustangsclub.com. That one is an internet club with a group of us from the tri-state area that goes to shows and other events together. We have had as many as 38 cars at one time. At least 5 of these have been CS's. Check us out on the web Paul.

I never heard of the Bad Mustang Club. Need to check it out. Is it based in NJ area? Late model cars only?
Have to check it out!

Z28ZL1

BlackMustangClub.com also, but you gotta have a "black mustang" any year to join. I'm also a Bad Mustang Clubber. Great site.
Check out the "2007-08 GT/CS Registry" thread on this site. It tells a litttle about the Bad MC.

Ladystang

I never heard of the Bad Mustang Club. Need to check it out. Is it based in NJ area? Late model cars only?
Have to check it out!

Not based in NJ. It covers all the states, and outside the US. Canada and such. Members from all over. We just have a large PA., NJ., Delaware, New York group that gets together. On the site, there is a special section for us. We post where we are gathering and what shows we are doing, and also pics from those shows. We have an annual Christmas party; an annual 4th of July get-together, and dinners and such just to get together. Next get together will be the Get Out Of The Cold in Maryland. at the MIR racetrack. Check out the site, and join in. Hope to see you there sometime. Post up in New Members. It seems that most of us have newer, '05' to '08' cars, but some also have older Stangs too. We,hubby and I also belong to the Black Mustang Club. (our 02 is black)

hotrodgrany

I belonged to MCA and Midweststangs as well as Fallscitymustang club, but at this time I only belong to Blackmuctangclub (BMC) to those that have black Mustangs. I would consider a GT/CS club.

johnsgottwo

GT/CS Club

I think a GT/CS club would be cool - especially with the number of owners we have here in Cal. Like someone earlier said, even with the "Shelby connection" in the GT/CS I don't get the sense that most GT/CS owners have quite the same mindset as the Shelby clubs. Maybe we're more of a quirky cool, kinda like beatniks in the 60's. I don't know - just my penny and a half worth - but I would sure join.