• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

How can I remove polish from plastic molding?

Mayberry40

I got some polish on plastic molding. The plastic is not have a smooth surface. Is there anything that will remove the dried white polish from the black plastic it is on?

franklinair

It's a body lotion. Good for MANY uses. Skin softener, mosquito repellant, and a really good non harmful cleaner!! Your local drugstore should have it.

Neil

somethingspecial

Skin so Soft is an Avon product. Might have to order it from them, don't know if it is available over the counter. Haven't seen it over the counter on west coast. I'm sure there is a comperable product available over the counter. Mike

joedls

Just in case you don't know an Avon lady(like some of us), you could also try Mothers Back-To-Black

Mothers™ Back-To-Black is ideal for a variety of exterior hardware. It’s called Back-To-Black, but it works great on all colors of exterior trim. If it’s made of plastic or vinyl Back-To-Black will breath new life into it. Use Back-To-Black on molding, louvers, bumpers, window trim, skirts, seals, door handles, wiper arms and any exterior vinyl or plastic surfaces.

Back-To-Black cleans and reconditions the surface. So it not only changes or improves the way the effected area looks, but it alters the way it feels. Leaving it softer, smoother, and more supple with long lasting moisturizers. It easily removes white residues, yellowing, and that awful brownish appearance on sunburned trims. Back-To-Black does not leave behind a greasy residue that attracts dust and yellows over time, rather it revives that show-room quality sheen.

Mothers™ Back-To-Black has been formulated for ease of application and great durability – it won’t wash off with the first puddle you drive through. Feel free to retreat surfaces as often as you would like.

If you want to get or keep that classy sheen try Mothers™ Back-To-Black and enjoy a factory-new look for years to come

Mustanglvr

We use "Skin so Soft" on outside pets to keep the flies from devouring their ears and nose.
Yep, not only are the mosquitos here in Minnesota almost the size of hawks, but the flies are vicious biters.

franklinair

Now even I draw the line there. PEANUT BUTTER?? And Joe thought I was wierd?!!

Neil