• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Photo Your Winter Fun

rvrtrash

Canada CS, eh?

It's starting to go back together. I decided to media blast and repaint the bolt on parts, because of oil, corrosion and some paint was missing in places. Oil pump and timing set have been replaced, and intake reinstalled. Tomorrow the timing cover, water pump, and distributor go back in. (I hope).

Steve

Attachments

• reassemble1.jpg
    reassemble1.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 41

Mosesatm

Steve,
The photo is stamped 11:59pm!!!
I hope your camera is an hour off.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

It's starting to go back together. I decided to media blast and repaint the bolt on parts, because of oil, corrosion and some paint was missing in places. Oil pump and timing set have been replaced, and intake reinstalled. Tomorrow the timing cover, water pump, and distributor go back in. (I hope).

Steve
Looks awesome!! The heads look very clean in the rocker arm area. Were they that clean? Did it have the old fiber upper timing gear?

Not only will it be sealed up better, it is way prettier than it was also. Wish I were there to help and kibbitz with you.

Today is resurrect the boat for the summer day. I am a bit behind on that...

Rob

rvrtrash

Canada CS, eh?

Arlie, when I bring up the picture, it shows 9:59pm time stamp. Are you sure your computer isn't still on Texas time? :grin:

Rob, would love to have you here "helping". Someone had been in there before. Heads were clean but the gaskets were hard and brittle. Timing set was all steel. Intake gaskets were FelPro.

Stephen, I'm leaving some stuff black, just so you won't be to shocked. :wink:

Progress for today. Starting to look more crowded in there. Timing cover and water pump on, new fuel pump, one valve cover installed. Left the other off for now to make it easier to access heater hoses for replacement. Tomorrow (hopefully) will be reinstall the oil pan, balancer and pulley, and maybe the hoses.

Steve

Attachments

• reassemble2.jpg
    reassemble2.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 30

rvrtrash

More progress. Oil pan reinstalled, starter in, alternator hung in place, other valve cover on, heater hoses changed, but I need to see if I can find the correct 90 deg hose for the air cond. shutoff valve. Carb spacer in place. Harmonic balancer and pulley installed. Getting close. (and I certainly hope the drive home is uneventful)

Attachments

• reassemble3.jpg
    reassemble3.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 22
  • reassemble4.jpg
    reassemble4.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Bro Steve,

Looks great!!! I was looking under the car and noticed how close it is to the floor. I walk under my cars!!! Neener neener!

Smart Ass Bro Rob

rvrtrash

Bro Steve,

Looks great!!! I was looking under the car and noticed how close it is to the floor. I walk under my cars!!! Neener neener!

Smart Ass Bro Rob

I have the Boss sitting on my lift, and didn't feel like moving it (since it doesn't drive under it's own power yet), and most of the work is topside work anyway.

So there! Neener neener right back at ya Big Bro. :grin:

Steve

rvrtrash

Canada CS, eh?

Another update on the Canada CS. I found a stripped out thread for one of the accelerator pump screws, so had to heli-coil that, then got the carb reassembled and installed. I rebuilt the A/C idler brackets with new bearings. One was a real pain in the backside to get apart, but they're all nice and quite now and reinstalled. Power steering pump is back in, as well as the newly rebuilt radiator. Waiting on a few small parts to arrive and it'll be ready to fire up and test.

Steve

By the way, I really liked the look of the idler with the bare metal center cap, but decided to paint it too at the last minute to avoid corrosion issues later on.

Attachments

• idler.jpg
    idler.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 24
  • reassemble5.jpg
    reassemble5.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 29
  • reassemble6.jpg
    reassemble6.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 30
  • reassemble7.jpg
    reassemble7.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
R

robert campbell

What is air conditioning? In Western Washington we have "4/90" air conditioning!! Four windows down at 90 miles an hour!!!

Rob

rvrtrash

The blue pulleys must be a Canadian thing, eh? :grin:

It surprised me, but when I was media blasting the parts, they were all blue with not a trace of black, so I painted them the way they were. My CS had black pulleys, which is what I expected to find under the grime. Not so.

Steve

stangfan

Another update on the Canada CS. I found a stripped out thread for one of the accelerator pump screws, so had to heli-coil that, then got the carb reassembled and installed. I rebuilt the A/C idler brackets with new bearings. One was a real pain in the backside to get apart, but they're all nice and quite now and reinstalled. Power steering pump is back in, as well as the newly rebuilt radiator. Waiting on a few small parts to arrive and it'll be ready to fire up and test.

Steve

By the way, I really liked the look of the idler with the bare metal center cap, but decided to paint it too at the last minute to avoid corrosion issues later on.

Is that a concours bulldog clip I see in the last picture? :grin:

rvrtrash

Actually, it's a pretty clever idea. He has a piece of window screen clipped over the grill to keep bugs and such out of the grill and A/C condenser. I liked it anyway.

Steve

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

A 65 Coupe customer car I did a lot of work on. It sat for 20+ years. New as tank, fuel line blow down, carb work. New suspension in the front, auto rebuild, and a lot of trim refresh. Notice the Ring Brothers door handles. Not sure I like them, but they are very ergonomic! Had my detail expert buff her out. Runs great and is a nice car! I rebuilt a lot of her in the mid 1980's.

Another customer car. 4V 351 Cleveland not running well. Fixed some fast idle bracket problems and then fine tuned the carb to the timing. Installed an adjustable vacuum advance and will tomorrow fine tune the timing a bit more to add more initial and shorten the vacuum advance amount and its starting point in the RPM curve. It is already running much better. More fine tuning in the morning. This car is B E A "BEAUTIFUL"!!