• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

NOS Grille on eBay

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Mike, why are you defending this guy so mightily when you tend to bash eveything and everyone else?

mikegtcs1968

I'm not defending him, I'm just not ready to nail him to the cross and crucify him without some evidence of fraud....I think and make decisions for myself.

Joe...first of all, those items i listed last year....they where sold last year. Sometimes, people like you have a tendency to reach for anything once they have been defeated.

Last edited:

68gt390

Mosesatm said:
Mike, why are you defending this guy so mightily when you tend to bash eveything and everyone else?

Arlie;
Based on Mikes comments about my grade accomplishments, I did learn one thing while with the Sheriff's Department - There is no honor among thieves.

Don

joedls

mikegtcs1968 said:
Joe...first of all, those items i listed last year....they where sold last year. Sometimes, people like you have a tendency to reach for anything once they have been defeated.

Mike,

Defeated? I don't understand what you mean. I can't help it, being a Latino and a highschool dropout (I'm assuming this is what you meant by people like me), I'm not very bright. Please explain to me what I was defeated at.

rvrtrash

mikegtcs1968 said:
I'm not defending him, I'm just not ready to nail him to the cross and crucify him without some evidence of fraud....I think and make decisions for myself.QUOTE]

What are the chances we can get you to practice the same restraint here? Leniency is an admireable trait that, for some reason, you've not felt like sharing with this group.

Steve

390cs68rcode

trink31.gif

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Even though this thread turned into a public execution of Mike and his alleged eBay alter ego I think it is great that we can expose bogus auctions and help out the members of this board.

Jon, is it possible to make some sort of alert to list cars or auctions that are not what they seem? Could even list stolen cars.

If that idea won't work how about a list of known clones and their VINs?

admin

Staff member
Administrator
OK folks, let's keep this on the original topic please...and without the personal insults. Thanks!

Herck

Wow the grill is at $810 i know what its like to get ripped off by someone on ebay. u put pride into fixing your vehicle just to have some low life take your pride away by ripping u off. shame on who ever it is.

Midnight Special

mikegtcs1968 said:
I'm not defending him, I'm just not ready to nail him to the cross and crucify him without some evidence of fraud....

...Everything else aside Mike, if our combined testimony isn't enough eveidence in this case, then all I can say is jump on a 'Jumbo' & come see for yourself. It wouldn't have been so depressing if the guy would've given due consideration. But he refuses... and still continues...

There are bad apples as well as 'grey areas' in some ads, 'Think we've pegged this one perty good.

joedls

Midnight Special said:
mikegtcs1968 said:
I'm not defending him, I'm just not ready to nail him to the cross and crucify him without some evidence of fraud....

...Everything else aside Mike, if our combined testimony isn't enough eveidence in this case, then all I can say is jump on a 'Jumbo' & come see for yourself. It wouldn't have been so depressing if the guy would've given due consideration. But he refuses... and still continues...

There are bad apples as well as 'grey areas' in some ads, 'Think we've pegged this one perty good.

Why investigate something you already know the answer to? Mike has more knowledge here than he is sharing with us.

68gt390

Well, guess he was able to suck somebody in or at least he'd like us to think that. I hate to say it but, I wouldn't even pay that much for a NOS grille regardless of the condition. With all the hoop la about this supposid NOS Grille, thought I'd post a picture of the reproduction grille I bought from Mr. Shelby Dallas back in 04. At that time it was posted on ebay and stated it was a reproduction grille. Grille is not bad and the only problem I had with it were the light brackets which I replaced. I also paid a heck of a lot less then this one went for. There has to be a positive in this whole thing somewhere. Oh well. Oh yea, before anybody hits me on the lights they are the driving lights or spot lights as some refer to. I think they set the grille off better. Of course that's just my opinion. And we all know what those are like.

Don

Attachments

• DPotter 2.JPG
    DPotter 2.JPG
    229.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

68MustangHCS

I've Emailed Him

mikegtcs1968 said:
Who's to say it is fake, this appears to be some conjecture floating around this thread. If you think about it, this rumor may have been started by someone wanting to deter competing bids. The seller has good feedback, so I don't see any reason to not trust him/her. Have any of you e-mailed the seller to confirm your suspisions?

I emailed him, when I questioned his feedback, he told me to piss off!

In my personal opinion, "MY OPINION ONLY", if you've got less than a 97% on eBay, your not trying hard enough to do the right thing. If your running under 95%, I'd stay the heck away and wouldn't trust them. 95% or less is an "F" in my book. EBay is too easy on people who cheat other people.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

68gt390 said:
Well, guess he was able to suck somebody in or at least he'd like us to think that. I hate to say it but, I wouldn't even pay that much for a NOS grille regardless of the condition. With all the hoop la about this supposid NOS Grille, thought I'd post a picture of the reproduction grille I bought from Mr. Shelby Dallas back in 04. At that time it was posted on ebay and stated it was a reproduction grille. Grille is not bad and the only problem I had with it were the light brackets which I replaced. I also paid a heck of a lot less then this one went for. There has to be a positive in this whole thing somewhere. Oh well. Oh yea, before anybody hits me on the lights they are the driving lights or spot lights as some refer to. I think they set the grille off better. Of course that's just my opinion. And we all know what those are like.

Don

Don, I agree 100%.

If anyone wants a set of driving lenses I have two extra sets but one set may go on in the set I have on eBay in a couple days. First $45 for 2 lenses takes the pair. That is without bulbs since I haven't had a chance to get to the autoparts store yet.

Last edited:

68MustangHCS

Herck said:
Wow the grill is at $810 i know what its like to get ripped off by someone on ebay. u put pride into fixing your vehicle just to have some low life take your pride away by ripping u off. shame on who ever it is.

Since this is private, the guy could be pumping up the bids, and we will never know who really got the screws put to them??? Its a mystery, they guy selling there would love to find out how much attention he is getting on his sale here!

68gt390

68MustangHCS said:
Since this is private, the guy could be pumping up the bids, and we will never know who really got the screws put to them??? Its a mystery, they guy selling there would love to find out how much attention he is getting on his sale here!

Trust me, he knows. I'm sure he's well aware of this thread and all the posts that are on it.

Don :wink:

joedls

68gt390 said:
Trust me, he knows. I'm sure he's well aware of this thread and all the posts that are on it.

Don :wink:

Especially since he has been defending himself through this whole thread.