• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

NOS Grille on eBay

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Maybe, but I can think of better ways to spend that kind of money. "People who bid on fake Mustang parts" doesn't seem like that deserving of a charity to donate to.

mikegtcs1968

Who's to say it is fake, this appears to be some conjecture floating around this thread. If you think about it, this rumor may have been started by someone wanting to deter competing bids. The seller has good feedback, so I don't see any reason to not trust him/her. Have any of you e-mailed the seller to confirm your suspisions?

joedls

mikegtcs1968 said:
Who's to say it is fake, this appears to be some conjecture floating around this thread. If you think about it, this rumor may have been started by someone wanting to deter competing bids. The seller has good feedback, so I don't see any reason to not trust him/her. Have any of you e-mailed the seller to confirm your suspisions?

His feedback is not spotless. I understand this because I received a negative feedback from an unscrupulous seller after I left him a one, even though I was being honest. But why make your feedback private? There must be something to hide. I have always thought this was the same person who also used the name dallasclassics. Don't know for sure, just a hunch. In fact, truth be told, I have thought more than once that you were this person, if not afilliated.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

If you look at the bids mine is the only one that shows up. The rest are hidden. Interesting. I wonder who is really bidding on this and are the legitimate bids or bogus bids to drive up the price?

I like your comment Joe. You're might be on to something there.

joedls

Mosesatm said:
If you look at the bids mine is the only one that shows up. The rest are hidden. Interesting. I wonder who is really bidding on this and are the legitimate bids or bogus bids to drive up the price?

I like your comment Joe. You're might be on to something there.

Actually, Arlie, the only reason you can see your bid is because you are the bidder. We can't see it. We would be able to see ours if we bid on it, but no one else's.

68gt390

mikegtcs1968 said:

As a matter of fact I did and got a half ass answer from the seller. I asked for the part # listed on the original ford packaging and if it was in fact a NOS Grille or a reproduction. The only reply I got was the part #. Never answered if it was NOS or reproduction. Plus, if you'd bother to read all the post's made to this thread you'd of seen that in my earlier post. And as for the seller having good feedback you better look at the listing again. Evidently you have a hard time reading and seeing numbers as they are printed. :rolleyes:

Don

mikegtcs1968

Don: Doesn't a part number infer that its not a reproduction? Or does the mention of NOS in the auction still cloud the answer? As far as evolution goes, this once again proves that deductive reasoning hasn't yet found itself in the primate equivalent gene pool. Lets give it a few more generations...

A grade of feedback is an opinion. I know you didn't get through many of them, but do you know what grades are? I count anything greater than 90% in the grade of good feedback.

Last edited:

Midnight Special

mikegtcs1968 said:

...What 'Something Special' posted earlier was true. I was here when he received and opened it. we took it outside and compared it to the real article, the differences were monumental. Nice repro - but not as advertised. There was no original Ford packaging either. When questioned, the guy was completely uncooperative and seemingly ignorant - yet, here he is, still doing it. All we're saying is: dont let him 'do it' to you! If you want a repro, fine, but they're alot cheaper elsewhere...

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Here is my dialoge with him. Joe is right. He writes exactly like Mike. How cool is that?!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Question
Is this a NOS GT/CS grille or a '67 grille that has been modified?

Will you please post some pictures of the rivets that attach the brackets to the top of the grille?

Thank you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer
Can you not read the auction? This question might have been answered in the title, maybe even in the auction's description.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike when all the evidence is considered I think the verdict is obvious. The guy is a crook, and a rude one at that.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Midnight Special said:
...What 'Something Special' posted earlier was true. I was here when he received and opened it. we took it outside and compared it to the real article, the differences were monumental. Nice repro - but not as advertised. There was no original Ford packaging either. When questioned, the guy was completely uncooperative and seemingly ignorant - yet, here he is, still doing it. All we're saying is: dont let him 'do it' to you! If you want a repro, fine, but they're alot cheaper elsewhere...

If anyone wants to make a repro GT/CS grille I will be happy to show you how to do it for under $200.

mikegtcs1968

As much as I would like it to be me (getting $810 for a grille), I can sadly say its not. Nice try though sherlock.

joedls

Mosesatm said:
Here is my dialoge with him. Joe is right. He writes exactly like Mike. How cool is that?!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Question
Is this a NOS GT/CS grille or a '67 grille that has been modified?

Will you please post some pictures of the rivets that attach the brackets to the top of the grille?

Thank you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer
Can you not read the auction? This question might have been answered in the title, maybe even in the auction's description.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike when all the evidence is considered I think the verdict is obvious. The guy is a crook, and a rude one at that.

I think my suspicions have been well founded. But what do I know? I'm a high school dropout that was obviously too busy hanging those dingleballs in my car, thus never acquiring the deductive reasoning I should have if I had gotten past all those grades that Mike refers to.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Does anyone else see the similarities? Same insulting tone. Always tries to put down the other person in order to build himself up. Never really answers the question. This is fascinating stuff!!!

Joe, you're my hero. I never would have noticed this without your input. And even if Mike isn't Mr. Fake Grille, it's still fun to study both.

I wonder if Mr. Fake Grille and Mr. and Mrs VIN might also be related. Ah ha. Now we might be getting somewhere.:icon_ecst :icon_ecst :icon_ecst

joedls

Mosesatm said:
Always tries to put down the other person in order to build himself up. Never really answers the question. This is fascinating stuff!!!

Arlie,

I have experienced this very behavior on several occasions when dealing with attorneys, especially Union attorneys. I just frustrate the hell out of them by continuing to bring them back to my original question or exposing their behavior.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Be careful Joe, we have one on this board. He's cool, though.

I again asked Mr. Fake Grille for pictures of the rivets and he, again, told me to read the ad. Poor guy must not own a camera. How sad.

68gt390

mikegtcs1968 said:
Don: Doesn't a part number infer that its not a reproduction? As far as evolution goes, this once again proves that deductive reasoning hasn't yet found itself in the primate equivalent gene pool. Lets give it a few more generations...

A grade of feedback is an opinion. I know you didn't get through many of them, but do you know what grades are? I count anything greater than 90% in the grade of good feedback.

You may count the 90% or 92% as a good grade on ebay when it comes to spending your money but, I don't. As for the part # indicating it's not a reproduction, anybody can type out a number and send it in an email. The best way to have answered the question would of been "No it is a NOS grille as I have indicated". As for your comments about the gene pool and trying to insult me personally about your grade comment, I just consider the source. The one thing I'm trying to figure out is why you even bother to be a member of this site. Seems the only time you have anything to say is to be argumentative with other site members. The problem with people like you is everytime you open your mouth you stick your foot in it.

Don

joedls

Mosesatm said:
Be careful Joe, we have one on this board. He's cool, though.

I again asked Mr. Fake Grille for pictures of the rivets and he, again, told me to read the ad. Poor guy must not own a camera. How sad.

Don't get me wrong. I know several cool attorneys. I hire them. They feel the same way I do about the ones that practice with intimidation and obfuscation.