• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Newest '68 Bumper Idea

Midnight Special

...That's one of those "jack up the radiator cap and install a new car underneath" numbers...

Oh wait!... There's no radiator!!
'Course we could mount li'l fan blades on each of those pulleys and we won't need one.

Arlie, what the hell were you searching for that landed this result?!? Those bumpers are the only things worth saving on this car ;-)

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

It didn't look like a Mustang in the thumbnail so I wanted to see what it was. It actually was a Mustang!

...That's one of those "jack up the radiator cap and install a new car underneath" numbers...

Oh wait!... There's no radiator!!
'Course we could mount li'l fan blades on each of those pulleys and we won't need one.

Arlie, what the hell were you searching for that landed this result?!? Those bumpers are the only things worth saving on this car ;-)

Midnight Special

...I guess the Mustang IIs are getting so rare, they're starting to clone THOSE from '68s! Are those driving lights or turn signals in the grille??

'Could be worse...At least the rear seats have the correct hubcaps.

Diesel Donna

Does anyone remember the bumpers that had horse shoes on them? I forgot what they called them. Maybe bumpers with horse shoes on them.:grin:
They were mounted usually on the rear bumper and were right above the bumper brackets if I recall correctly.

And of course there was the whinny horn too...used to be available from J.C. Whitney, try to find one now!

~~~~Donna

rvrtrash

Does anyone remember the bumpers that had horse shoes on them? I forgot what they called them. Maybe bumpers with horse shoes on them.:grin:

~~~~Donna

They're called bumperette's and I don't remember seeing any on a car---ever!

Steve

case12

I remember the days when I used to go out in the back forty with my grandad's 12 gauge double barrel shotgun and blow holes into a rust bucket 57 chevy nomad. It was a blast. This car looks about the same, and would make a good target for the shotgun.
Casey