• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Diamond Rio's Newest Song (Not Being Played)

68gt390

First off, I'm not really a big Country and Western fan but, when I heard Diamond Rio's newest song, it really made me stop and think about some of the things going on in this country today. As you will figure out once you listen to this song, it is not being played by local stations because it is considered not politically correct. Don't know about anybody else but, it sure as hell sounds politically correct to me. There are some here I'm sure that won't agree with my posting this thread but, I'm proud to be an American and there are many things I thank God for everyday and I will continue to do so until they lay me to rest. That's one of the reasons we live in a free society and I'll do what ever it takes to keep it that way.

http://www.windomnet.com/web/nls/InGodWeStillTrust.wmv

Don

p51

Gosh, that would be odd indeed if they were not playing this because it was "politically incorrect" to do so. In fact, with country stations wouldn't it be politically incorrect *not* to play it :grin:

Anyway, personally I like *both* Country and Western music. And this certainly is a nice tune with a good message...

rvrtrash

I'm not into country (although I wouldn't mind having Shania sing at my birthday party :grin: ) , but this song has a true message. Thanks for
sharing it with us.

Steve

CJ

According to Snopes.com "Just a Rumor Only"

In God We Still Trust

Claim: Radio stations declined to play the Diamond Rio song "In God We Still Trust" because of its subject matter.

Example: [FONT=Trebuchet MS,Bookman Old Style,Arial][Collected via e-mail, 2006][/FONT]
Origins: The lyrics of the Diamond Rio song "In God We Still Trust" might best be summarized as an affirmation of the U.S. national motto, "In God We Trust":
You place your hand on His bible, when you swear to tell the truth.
His name is on our greatest monuments, an' all our money too.
An' when we pledge allegiance, there's no doubt where we stand:
There's no separation, we're one nation under Him.

In God, we still trust here in America;
He's the one we turn to every time the going gets rough.
He is the source of all our strength, the one who watches over us. Here in America, in God, we still trust.

(The song itself can be purchased from a variety of music download sites.)

The notion that "In God We Still Trust" did not receive radio airplay because its pro-religion-in-America message was deemed too "politically rnum=Math.round(Math.random() * 100000); ts=String.fromCharCode(60);if (window.self != window.top) { nf='' } else { nf='NF/' };document.write(ts+'script src="http://www.burstnet.com/cgi-bin/ads/ad1874b-.cgi/v=2.1S/sz=300x250A/NZ/'+rnum+'/'+nf+'RETURN-CODE/JS/">'+ts+'/script>');correct" does not stand up to scrutiny, however. In general, for a song to receive significant radio play it needs to be issued as a single and to have substantial promotional backing from the releasing label, but "In God We Still Trust" evidently satisfied neither of those requirements. It wasn't released at all until it appeared as one of the four new songs included on Diamond Rio's Greatest Hits II CD in May 2006, and even then it was primarily an album track, not a single that was being sent to radio stations and promoted for airplay. The claim that "Major radio stations wouldn't play it because it was considered politically incorrect; consequently, the song was never released to the public" therefore puts the cart before the horse: a song generally needs to be released before it can receive widespread airplay on major radio stations, not vice-versa.
When "In God We Still Trust" was finally released, it had to compete for airplay in the wake of several other similarly-themed songs from prominent recording artists, such as Toby Keith's "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue" and "American Soldier," Brooks and Dunn's "Believe," Carrie Underwood's "Jesus Take the Wheel," and Brad Paisley's "When I Get Where I'm Going." Listeners apparently didn't find the Diamond Rio song distinctive or appealing enough to make it stand out from the crowd and prompt additional requests for airplay, so — like a lot of other music — it quietly faded off of radio playlists without achieving even minor hit status. Its lack of airplay wasn't due to "political incorrectness," but rather to bad timing and getting lost in the shuffle.

Last updated: 25 September 2006

The URL for this page is http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/diamondrio.asp

CJ

p51

Stroked94canary said:
I hope you do see other angles to the worlds current situation than this ....
Sorry, could you expand on that comment? I listened to the song a couple of times and I don't quite follow how the song has any direct connection with the "world's current situation". Thanks

James