• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 new matchbox

nates68

Just found new 68gt/cs matchbox 2012 #61 in lime green (old town)
i was in a dollor store found these in the toy section. what a find for a buck.
Bought all they had. Has a white out hood,they look cool.

Nates68:grin:

Last edited:

Guyman

Can't find that one!

Yep., been looking for that damn car., can't find it anywhere. They will have it in a "first Edition" five back too. Just FYI.,

Matchbox had the same car out in 2011, different color (blue matallic)., I missed that one too., seems like there are a lot of retired folks here in Sacramento that are buying up everything before I can get to the stores! Gees.

somethingspecial

Yep., been looking for that damn car., can't find it anywhere. They will have it in a "first Edition" five back too. Just FYI.,

Matchbox had the same car out in 2011, different color (blue matallic)., I missed that one too., seems like there are a lot of retired folks here in Sacramento that are buying up everything before I can get to the stores! Gees.

Don't feel bad Guyman, Grass Valley, Auburn, and Roseville are sold out also. Can't find a one. Looks like Ebay is the only source.

OP
OP
nates68

nates68

Mike, try your $1.00 stores you might luck out. This one is in " green" almost like yours.

Nate

Mosesatm

Attachments

• Matchbox GTCS.jpg
    Matchbox GTCS.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 68

whodat

Just found new 68gt/cs matchbox 2012 #61 in lime green (old town)
i was in a dollor store found these in the toy section. what a find for a buck.
Bought all they had. Has a white out hood,they look cool.

Nates68:grin:

Would you sell me one since my car is Lime Gold?

Guyman

Found a ton of these today! These are swwweet looking. Best Matchbox I have seen in a long time. And happens to be a GT/CS!...Sold my lime Gold GT/CS last summer and now they come out with these!..haha.

whodat

What is the name of the dollar store that ya'll have been finding these?

whodat

I'LL have to check them all around here. I saw a silver one as well on the bay.

68 special

Yep, Got mine today at the local Dollar store. Only 1, or I'd buy them all.
Thanks for the tip.

Bret

Guyman

I bought a ton of these throughout this past week at Dollar Tree...and they are cheaper then Target/Walmart., they went up to $1.07 now....I also found a couple more of the gold/green ones at Target today...so there are probably going to be popping up in wal mart etc when the old ones are gone...I think there are two per case., maybe four.

Wildwun360

Found several of the Matchbox Lime Gold GT/CS (my color!) at my local Dollar tree before I read this post. I have an extra, if any one wants one. (Just pay the postage) They look great. I'll probably go back to the store to see if any are left tomorrow.

hicountrybob

Found several of the Matchbox Lime Gold GT/CS (my color!) at my local Dollar tree before I read this post. I have an extra, if any one wants one. (Just pay the postage) They look great. I'll probably go back to the store to see if any are left tomorrow.

I've been trying to get one, really would like 3. Let me know how we can connect. Thank you, Bob Teets here, home evenings at 303-424-3866 or email, Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Wildwun360

New Matchbox

Hey, guys, I have 4-5 extra of these GT/CS matchbox cars that I'm willing to part with. If you still have not found, just let me know. :grin:

Mustanger

I just found 2 green ones at a Walmart this week!! My 2 boys wanted them, so I gave them the cars as a prize for being good ... now I gotta find at least one more for me :wink: ...

Mustanger

I found 3 more green ones at a different Walmart! These Matchbox GTCSs were hard to find, but now I finally have my green GTCS and the sweet part is that my boys think so too :thumb: ...

BigJim

Check your local Dolllar Tree. My wife got 3 from ours. She plans to try and paint one to match our car.