• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. July 2010 Seattle MCA Show, Northwest Get Together Part Two

Sarge

Oh, and a "duh", but bring Cory's book so we can get more signatures from our extended family!!!!!!!!!!!!

PonyGal

Ok, so I jumped in at the last minute, the job wasn't supposed to let me the time off, but hey Karma is on my side (or is it a CS Thang!@!)

Tim, Steve, Neil, Bob and Renee, will be good to hook up with you again, Rob, better get more Beer and Brisket. Your tip on the Power Booster was Spot On! Arlie, I owe you one, so let's hope Limelyt can throw another Molson case in the trunk!!!!!! :wink:

Lookin forward to it, and am bringin a fire suit (and a jug of Aloe) just in case the breakfast bacon gets out of control again...

See Ya!!!!!!

Robert

Robert, Glad you could make it at the last minute! Looking forward to seeing you again too since I will be there, but it looks like Tim is not going to be able to make it this time :'-(

I for one, plan to STAY AWAY FROM THE BBQ!!!

Attachments

• Flaming BBQ.JPG
    Flaming BBQ.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 32

hookedtrout

I hope you guys have a blast and I hope it works out for me next time, sucks that I'm off for the next couple of weeks on vacation and I'm not going to be getting together with you guys. We are having a blast fly fishing and the fishing so far has been exceptional along with the weather.

Have fun for me.

Cory

hookedtrout

Drive careful while out playing and I'll try not to go swimming while fishing. ;-)

Here's a picture of a nice brown I caught and released Friday night. Last night was all rainbows and man were they jumping and dancing nice.

Attachments

• IMG_0517red.jpg
    IMG_0517red.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 38

Midnight Special

Drive careful while out playing and I'll try not to go swimming while fishing. ;-)

Here's a picture of a nice brown I caught and released Friday night. Last night was all rainbows and man were they jumping and dancing nice.

Cory, that looks like SO much fun! :)

....I too am very sad about not making this wonderful Northwest gathering! All of Amy & Rob's dedicated planning; missing a chance to meet Marty, Amy and so many other "family"; getting to see Neil & Sarge again and on & on...

Two things really kicked my butt this year. Three solid months of (up 'til 2 AM) air show planning and the fact that my "real job" has picked up to the point where I have to work weekends (regardless) just to keep up (which I am very grateful for). In addition, I have to plan a 4-day business trip to the Midwest that must happen here in mid-July...

It is SO cool however, that Renee "PonyGal" will make it up as our flower-in-hair, fun-loving NorCal rep and rest assured, I will be glued to these forums in delightful anticipation of the stories and photos.

You are all truly THE best and I wish you a fabulous time! ...a wish that I know has already been granted in advance - 'cuz I know the character of its source :)

God Bless and Happy Independence Day!!!

68 special

Nice one Cory. Is it a native and is that a catch and release area only? I love frying them up on an open camp fire. YUM, YUM,. Have a great time. A lot are talking about Steamboat next year, maybe then we do another get together.

Bret

Ruppstang

Two things really kicked my butt this year. Three solid months of (up 'til 2 AM) air show planning and the fact that my "real job" has picked up to the point where I have to work weekends (regardless) just to keep up (which I am very grateful for). In addition, I have to plan a 4-day business trip to the Midwest that must happen here in mid-July...

Will you be any where near Omaha? If so may be we could get together for a meal or somthing? Marty

hookedtrout

Nice one Cory. Is it a native and is that a catch and release area only? I love frying them up on an open camp fire. YUM, YUM,. Have a great time. A lot are talking about Steamboat next year, maybe then we do another get together.

Bret

All native wild trout. No it isn't a catch and release section, and we cook one up once in awhile I'm just not much of a pick through all the bones trout eater so I catch and release.

One thing I'm not is a fly fish only catch and release only kind of fisherman pushing that agenda. I generally only fly fish and I primarily catch and release but I do so because it meets my idea of fun. I'll take anyone in the drift boat that wants to fish, bait, spin, bobbers what ever turns your crank and you can whack'em on the head and eat'em if you so desire, doesn't bother me at all.

rvrtrash

Cory, Tim, wish you guys could make it. It sounds like it's going to be a great time. We'll be thinking of you.

Steve

Mustanglvr

I was thinking bout attending too, but we used all of our money to buy our house. It would have been a blast! Will be there in spirit tho!

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Itinerary

I made an itinerary for the schedule of events coming up.

Attachments

• GTCS NW get together[1].pdf
    51.9 KB · Views: 36

franklinair

Packing our bags tonite. Driving to Atlanta tomorrow afternoon, dinner, O/N at LaQuinta hotel. Fly out Thurs morning, arrive SEA @ 1PM on AirTran. Sweet Amy is picking us up and taking us to the hotel.
No set plans for Friday, Rob's place on Saturday, MCA show on Sunday, fly home Monday.
Whew! I'm already tired!
We're looking forward to a great weekend.

Neil

robert campbell

Hope to have the new tires and wheels on the GNS for Saturday!!! Looks good for that!!

A buying spree on Friday and we will settle down for a night of cookin!!!

Rob

Northern Pony

Get up early Thurs AM and start what should be a 15 hr drive, but i hear rumors of a party in Bonners Ferry tomorrow afternoon.
Looking foreword to meeting all, and all those book signings.
BoB

Sarge

Heading out Friday night, be at SeaTac by 9, drive to Silver Cloud Hotel. Amy, I will need transportation to Rob's and back. Anyone up for Breakfast Saturday am? Looking forward to seeing all.
Robert

clubpro

Leaving Thursday via Mustang (of course) and will drive to Salem, Oregon and spend the night. Head for Seattle Friday morning and should be arriving at my brother's house in Bellevue a little after noon. Looking forward to the ferry ride over to Rob's on Saturday and to seeing all of the CS family. Sunday will be incredible because it could be the largest gathering of Mustangs ever. I'm looking forward to seeing a good number of Specials all together like we had at Knott's two years ago.

Sarge, I will bring the parts that you ordered with me and see you Saturday to make the exchange.

Cheers,

Ron

PonyGal

I am flying out of Sacramento on Thursday morning and getting to Seattle around 9:00 am. My niece who lives in Tacoma is picking me up from the airport and I will spend Thursday night with her and her new baby. She is going to drive me into Bellevue on Friday. I am staying at the Days Inn across the street from the Embassy Suites Friday thru Monday. No plans for Friday night, but really looking forward to Rob's BBQ on Saturday and meeting everyone!! Sunday at the show, and I fly out Monday afternoon departing at 1:30 pm from SeaTac. Amy, are you still up to giving me a ride to the airport on Monday??

Can't wait to be up there!!! See ya all soon :)

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

SARGE I can give you a ride to Rob's. Be outside in the lobby area of Silver CLoud at 9am. Big black and chrome Explorer will meet you there.

RENEE YES I can take you back to Seatac. You, Neil, and Peggy are coming riding with me. We'll leave respective hotels by 11am MONDAY.

robert campbell

Heading to the lake today. Any trouble finding it or if you just want to talk. (360) 277-0733 land line. Remember once you get out that way, cell service sucks!! Verizon is the best. T-Mobile is crap.

We should have people to run out and get you as you get close if needed.

I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

Rob