• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Introduction

Longshotluck

Hey all,

I posted on a car in the classifieds and figured I had better introduce myself.

Me: I am 28 and serve in the U.S. Army. I worked as an Infantryman for many years and now I am working in a Combined Joint Task Force here in lovely Afghanistan. I will be here until Oct11. I live in WA on the east side but may end up being moved fairly quickly when I get off of this MOB. I have spent 4 years overseas and this MOB will put me towards 5. I have a lovely wife and 2 boxers.

My car: I have a 68 GT/CS that used to be Lime Gold but is now Highland green. I bought it about 7 years ago in Seattle before leaving for my first overseas tour and have finally got it on the road. It still needs work to make it perfect but as time goes by I will get it there. I posted a pic of it at the wedding in the gallery.

I had no idea about these cars and then I found mine while looking for a regular 67/68 mustang.

It seems like yall have a great site here I just figured I would stop being rude and say hi.

Thanks,

shane18fly

First of all, thanks for your service. There are many of us out here who never forget the sacrifice that you and your family make every day. Second, you will find the folks here very helpful. I had a GT/CS growing up, that we never fully restored. Miss is it very day. Since then I have been able to get my GT/CS and the folks here have helped me in many ways. They have good advice and sagely pearls to offer. I am always amazed at their "eye" for vehicles and details-little things that the experienced folks see and know that are always helpful.Welcome to the site..shane

Mosesatm

Welcome to the site.

We have quite a few folks here from the great PNW so you should feel right at home.

By the way, there is no doubt that Highland Green is the best color for a GT/CS!!!

hookedtrout

My sincere thanks for your service as well!

You won't find a better forum on the net, one of the great things about this site is that beyond the wonderful group it also has to do with the GT/CS Mustang. ;-)

In relation to the best color...well that's subjective, I'd say Acapulco Blue rules.

Take care and make it home safe.

OP
OP
L

Longshotluck

Thanks a bunch for your support guys :)

I will be out of the loop due to work for awhile but will check in when I can.

PFSlim

I agree. Welcome to the site and thank you for serving. In 2003, I finished 20 years in the Air Force/Air National Guard. I served 12 years enlisted (working on fighter ejection seats) and 8 years as an Aircraft Maint Officer.

I sold my GT/CS to Renee on this site to build my AC Cobra Replica. I still miss it but folks still let me visit here.

Again, welcome to the site and hope you return home safe!!

Paul

Mustanger

Welcome to CaliforniaSpecial.com ... I also thank you for your service to our country, I have a brother-in-law who is an USMC officer and has gone to Iraq and I know of some of the challenges families can go through during the time of service ... I hope you can feel at home here and enjoy your Cal Special, they're unique cars :thumb: ...

rvrtrash

Washington on the east side? Where at? I'm just across the border from Spokane. Welcome to the site, by the way.

Steve

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the site! And as others have said, thank you for your service.

OP
OP
L

Longshotluck

Just got back in. Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I am in Spokane for now but may not be for long when I return.

Thanks all

Ruppstang

Longshotluck,
I checked out your gallery, you have a good looking car. Do you have some stripes over the top? I could not tell for sure. Neat wedding picture. My son inlaw was going to drive our 68 fastback away from the church for their wedding but it was pouring rain. I still have two boys that have Mustangs that we restored so there is still hope for a cool wedding pic like yours. Here is a pic of Craigs car at his graduation. Marty

Attachments

• 1964 coupe 050_crop.jpg
    1964 coupe 050_crop.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
L

Longshotluck

Marty,

Wow what a graduation present! Yea it has stripes. We started them at the turn signals in the hood and brought them all the way back. I also blacked out the taillight panel.

I was so glad it made it to the wedding. It was really down to the wire and it had been my dream since I got the car.

Well its snowing like hell here but thats good because it keeps things quiet.

Thanks,

rvrtrash

Heck, you're right next door. You'll have to look me up when you rotate back here, so I can buy you a beer. Oct. is still early enough that we can get the cars out and meet up somewhere to wow the locals. :cool: Good luck, and take care.

Steve

OP
OP
L

Longshotluck

Steve,

That would be great I am taking a month of leave when I get back to the world so I can decompress.

We could meet up at Capones. You ever been there? Good beer.

Thanks,

rvrtrash

That would be great. They have pretty good pizza and sandwiches. I tried a new beer the other day, Blue Moon Winter something or other that was actually pretty tasty. To bad you won't be here in Sept. when the Mustang International is in town.

Steve