• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Information wanted on my GT/CS

CS121411

I have finally received the Marti Report. Very nice work. Here is the breakdown
4,118 CS's
962 had 302-4v
658 with Auto Trans
72 Acapulco Blue
38 Standard bucket seats
4 had Parchment Vinyl Roofs
2 with power disc Brakes
1 of them had a heater.

The only thing I can thing of was that the car did have a inline water heater for cold weather. Is this what they are talking about when they say "1 of them had a heater",
and if so why is it not listed on the dealer window sticker as an option?

Any info would be great.

Thanks in advance

gtcs1

I have finally received the Marti Report. Very nice work. Here is the breakdown
4,118 CS's
962 had 302-4v
658 with Auto Trans
72 Acapulco Blue
38 Standard bucket seats
4 had Parchment Vinyl Roofs
2 with power disc Brakes
1 of them had a heater.

The only thing I can thing of was that the car did have a inline water heater for cold weather. Is this what they are talking about when they say "1 of them had a heater",
and if so why is it not listed on the dealer window sticker as an option?

Any info would be great.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Good question you bring there.

In fact it is not the heater which is the option, since most Mustang cars got it.

It is in fact the inverse, the option is the "Delete Heater ". It is a very rare option, seldom seen.

See the attached Marti I got years ago on the net. This one was ordered from Hawaii, and I believe most of the "delete heater " optioned car are from that state. I wonder why they don't need the heat in the car ???

So for the 2 remaining cars in your Marti list, the other will have the "delete heater", which then makes your car the only one with your pedigree.

Hopes it clarifies it for you.

gtcs1

Attachments

• 8R01S153224.jpg
    8R01S153224.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 70

clubpro

Hey,

That's the Marti report from my old car that Joe now owns. From what I was told when I went to Hawaii to research my car you received a $35 rebate if you ordered your car without the heater.

Cheers,

Ron

gtcs1

Hey,

That's the Marti report from my old car that Joe now owns. From what I was told when I went to Hawaii to research my car you received a $35 rebate if you ordered your car without the heater.

Cheers,

Ron

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the clarification on the rebate one was getting.

Wonder why Ford went thru all this to create an option for such a small amount $$$, considering the low selection of that option, and the trouble it could be on the assembly line to organize, and to make sure no assembly worker forget to do it correctly.

gtcs1

Last edited:

dalorzo_f

Hey, Ford would change a washer or bolt and save 0.1c per, it all adds up.

$35 in '68 works out to about $250 today... if you can save that to the consumer the savings would probably be even more for Ford... assume they saved the same in total incurred costs (sourcing the part, shipping it, storing it, handling and installing it and all the related bits). 1,000 out of 300,000 is small but adds up to the equivalent of a $250,000+ bump to the bottom line... not bad for not doing something!

gtcs1

Hey, Ford would change a washer or bolt and save 0.1c per, it all adds up.

$35 in '68 works out to about $250 today... if you can save that to the consumer the savings would probably be even more for Ford... assume they saved the same in total incurred costs (sourcing the part, shipping it, storing it, handling and installing it and all the related bits). 1,000 out of 300,000 is small but adds up to the equivalent of a $250,000+ bump to the bottom line... not bad for not doing something!

I hear you, but you should see sometimes the cost in a large company of organizing such option; parts logistic, worker instructions, different hardware/clips to use in lieu, quality impact of checking such a rare option and the cost of non-quality to fix it afterwards if badly done. May not be worth it in my mind..... Don't underestimate those costs.

Anyway, it is a rare option (delete option) anyway. Thanks for your input.

gtcs1