• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

If you're not sure you're in the GT/CS Registry..

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

This weekend, I'll compile the VINs (on this thread) in question, and will post answers for everyone all at once by Wednesday (7/2).

I really appreciate your patience.

Again--when I'm concentrating on the Registry part of the book, I'll be "brutal" in my meticulousness...(is that a word? lol).

And by the way...I was told today about a Peggle Beige GT/CS in Michigan that I'm chasing down. They made only a handful of those cars...

thanks--Paul.

Mustanglvr

Hey Paul, I know you have my car in the registry with Marti, pics and all, but if you have the opportunity to change the pics to just the one that was in this years` GT/CS calender. (April) I would deeply appreciate it.:grin: :grin: :grin:
Yes, I know I`m a pain.:icon_ecst You know you`re my favorite registrar. :wink:

Rhonda Schrader 8R01T162217

It`s really no problem if you can`t.:smile:

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Well...Gee, lemme think about that one, Rhonda...

Well, OK, since you included about fourteen emotocons, and that cute "cat-eating-the-x-box" thingy avitar, how can I resist?

I'll take care of it. No problem at all...

Paul.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Paul, did you get my most recent mailing with the updated Registry entries from the online form here on the site?

Yes Jon, I did...

Jon prints out this wonderful list of cars, and the related data for each. We owe Jon a lot for all his help.

thanks again!!!

Paul.

J.Bart

Paul,
did you get the ford mustang source book info sent you?

bart hennefer

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Paul,
did you get the ford mustang source book info sent you?

bart hennefer

I'll honestly will have to look. When I get mail, I sort it, and "will get back to it later"....only as a method of prioritizing what I need to do.

But--I Do take the time to read every letter, and look at everything.

I'll make it a point to let you know if i got it.

Paul.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Paul, I know I am in your registry, but I was wondering if you'd be ok with a new picture. I sent you all of my information along with a picture but I now have my pretty new restored Mustang back so if it is not too late, I can send you my new ones. If so, how would you like them, email, or printed and mailed? Thanks.

I always like to have photos sent to me, either as prints, or on a photo CD.

If' it's one or two photos, prints are fine. I can scan them here.

If anyone has photos that they would like to send me, please write your name and VIN on the back of the photos. I have soem gorgeous photos of cars, but no name or VIN o nthe back from years ago, and I can't figure out who owns that CS.

Thanks for making the effort...

Paul..

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Registry Search Results--so far...

Here are most of the results of my research for "missing" Registry info. Sorry for the delay.

First of all, I DO appreciate your time to mail me this information. I must have about 300 Marti Reports now, and can draw a lot of production and sales trends from them--like never before.

Mc Neil, X153434 I have the previous owner's info (Holdych) in the file. Was the new info sent fairly recently??

Bazant, C139356 Yes, I do, and I got your Marti Report, too. Thank you. BTW--your CS is an extremely early production version.

Hennifer, J156645. Yes! Pics of a red CS on a trailer, missing parts, off to a resto? Awesome effort. I have a Marti of that car, too.

Hennifer -- late model 155630 (not found yet--but I'll keep looking)

Holmes J143097. Yes, I have the Marti. BTW--the 143,000 series is VERY rare production number set for the CS.

Broadway Blue, C160200 Have info, and notes of it being sold 1/4/08; C151496, Have info, incl. Marti, photos disc, too. (note: Rich sent typed response to the survey, very nice presentation).

Walker, C170098 Sent a very nice presentation book with Marti, photos, build sheet, etc... very nice.

Reina, X154014, sent beautiful photos of his CS in front of the Sphere at the '64 World's Fair site in NY (present day). The NYWF was the place where the Mustang was unveiled in April 1964.

Martin, Late Model, 5258011 (not yet found...but I will soon)

All the late model info is in another spot, and I'll check it soon.

There have been some very nice registrations sent to me, very nice photos that should appear in the book, too. A lot of people went to a lot of trouble to take photos, and fill out the forms and mail them to me. I truly appreciate each and every registration that I get.

I'll post the ones outstanding ASAP.

Thanks again,
Paul.

GTCSMustang

Paul,

I don't know to what degree you are going to make comparisons between, and point out similarities regarding the 1968 Shelbys and the GT/CSs. But if you need any photographs of 1968 Shelbys, I'd be happy to provide you digital photos of the areas of interest.

Scott

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Hi Scott...

What a great offer!

I have a short list of what I'll need from the '68 Shelbys. I have a cutaway ad, and I was going to use the color shot of the girl in the red convertible at the beach--to explain the simularities of the decklid, taillights, etc..

I'll be sure to let you know--thanks again for the offer!

Paul.

OUR P51

Paul,

I sent you a large envelope out yesterday regular mail to your P.O. Box.

It has the info to include in the 2007 section of your registry and if that still can make it into your new book that would be wonderful.

It includes window sticker copy,
photo of door tags,
letter w/ info from the '68 questions,
check w advance for a new book and 3 2007 windshield stickers,
and a CD with some photographs
documenting signatures by Jack Roush and
a wonderful WWII P-51 pilot!

More of that latest adventure to come soon on our forum.

Thanks Paul!

Mark

Attachments

• OURP51.jpg
    OURP51.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Hi Mark,

How cool! Thank you so very much. Yes, your material will make it into the book. I always appreciate seeing your posts.

By the way, the P51 is my all time favorite plane. I was talking to Holly Clark, the daughter of one of the Mustang designers, Phil Clark, and they DID base the Mustang name from the P51, not the wild horse--from the beginning.

My fav movie shot is in "Empire of the Sun", when the kid is on the roof of a house, watching "the Cadillac of the Skies" fly by in slow motion.

Everything changed when they dropped the GM engine for the Rolls Royce.
Awesome aircraft!! Most Germans in WWII dreaded hearing the sound of those engines....

thanks--Paul.

OUR P51

Hi Paul,

Awesome!

Once again you have answered a long standing question, "Where did the name Mustang come from for the cars?"

As for the Warbirds, my Dad passed on his love for them to me. He'd buy 'em for me and I'd build 'em and paint 'em, I thought I was getting the better end of the deal as a kid.

No matter how hard I tried to blend with the paintbrushes I still couldn't get what I eventually found out was the airbrushed look. We were living in West Germany at the time, and it wasn't until I got back stateside that I bought my first airbrush.

Adding Av-Gas to that fire is the fact that my Mom was liberated from Nazi occupied Holland by all the brave men and women who fought in and supported our Armed Forces overseas during WWII.

I have a copy of "Empire of the Sun", which Dad had told me about, mentioning the P-51. But he never told me what happened, I'd have to "wait and see". I haven't watched it in many years, but if memory serves correctly the slo-mo scene also shows the canopy slid back and the pilot is waving at the kid. Definitely one of my favs too.

I always thank any WWII veteran I meet for liberating my Mom. This is something she does to this day, and has asked me to do for her.

So here's a preview for you... sounds like you know your Warbirds so you'll recognize the B-25 "Billy Mitchell" with nose art "Photo Fanny". See below.

Mark

Attachments

• OURP51.jpg
    OURP51.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC03236KG.pdf
    544 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Hi Mark,

What an awesome (.pdf) photo of your CS with the P-51!!!

Also impressive is the story about your mother in Holland.

People seem to not know or appreciate just how bad WWII was, until they talk to someone who lived in it. My father was in the Navy in the Aleutians, and my mom worked for the Army Engineers in Seattle. They met at a USO dance....I owe my existance to the war effort...

I have an idea, and maybe you can help me..... What if I made a decal of a P-51 for Ford Mustang owners (any year) that the sales from would help a WWII Veterans group? I could get the MCA involved, too. This could be big!!

As always, nice to see your posts...

Paul.

OUR P51

Hi Paul and all,

Apologies it has been so long for a reply, I wanted to reply but literally have had no time.

Am finishing 2 projects, our back yard and a bus wrap for our church's Kid's Church bus. Should be done w/ both by Aug. 2nd.

Meanwhile I spent Saturday morning (7/12) with the P-51 pilot,
and his friend checking out his model of his P-51B, to photograph the nose art, and got to hear more stories. Was a wonderful morning, then had to leave to go back to the above projects.

Regarding your P-51 decal...
Yes I'd love to help, let me know what you are thinking.

Do we need to start a new thread for that discussion or can we continue on this one even though we are moving off topic?

This P-51 pilot and his friend know many people in the Warbird circle and will be good resources for us.

Here is one article online.
http://ww2il.com/?p=337
Enjoy!

Mark

Attachments

• OURP51.jpg
    OURP51.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 17

rjspecial68

Paul-

I'm new to this site, how do I pre-order your book? Also, I was wondering if it was too late to get my 68' gt/cs in the registry?

-RJ

OUR P51

For those interested, a multipart video on the (Ford) Mustang's namesake, the P-51...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZHe3v2TowMc

P-51,

Many thanks for this link.

Wonderful photography and history.

Will watch the whole series!

I did and it was great!
awesome and I learned several things about the P-51s and their history.

Thanks again!

Mark

Attachments

• OURP51.jpg
    OURP51.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

risaak

GT/CS Registry

Hi Paul
I have been asleep at the wheel and haven't sent my information. Is it too late ? (2007 White GT/CS)