• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

If you're not sure you're in the GT/CS Registry..

P

PNewitt

Since looking up VINs and names takes time, and these days, my time is of the essence...

If you are not sure if you sent me something, like a Marti Report, or photos, or a photo CD, etc..etc....then post your last name, your VIN on this thread, and what it is that you would like me to look up. I need both, because I can't go on just a name, and I really have no idea at all if I try to go by your screen name.

That way, I can do these all at once.

I can't promise an individual answer either here or as a PM, so what I'll do is if I DON"T have your info, or photos, Marti, etc...I'll then PM you., but it might take a while to answer...no immediate responses. But--no worries, you won't lose out having your info, etc. in the Registry.

This will make life a lot easier for me, since I'm quite busy these days working on the book.

Thank you for your understanding.

Paul N.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Paul, did you get my most recent mailing with the updated Registry entries from the online form here on the site?

obwan93001

How can I update/revise info on the online registry for my entry?

Hi Paul and Jon,

I was wondering if you can tell me how to go about changing some of the info in the registry for my entry? I had noticed last yr that some of the entries for some reason were different than I had intended on inputting, don't know if I made a boo boo or if somehow the online form translated some of the info incorrectly.

Thanks in advance!

Oscar
obwan93001

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Oscar, I'm pretty sure I made those changes for you already on the online version. Please check and let me know if anything else needs to be updated.

Just FYI to everyone, any changes to the online Registry entries need to be made by me, so email me if you need to. This is just a security feature so not just anyone can make changes to the database.

And another FYI, the online Registry is not a separate Registry from Paul's. It's just another way to get the info to him.

Magnum

McNeal - 8R01X153434

Hey Paul -

I have updated the online registry with my car's information and would like to get the Marti report to you if you can still use it. Just let me know how.

McNeal
8R01X153434

BroadwayBlue

Here is the info Paul is looking for, it will be a little different for late models but I think you get an idea of what info he is compiling.

From another post by Paul...

"Please Send me the following:
VIN
Door Tag info
Options (factory or dealer)
Owner-added items
Interesting stories
Build Sheet (copy)
Original Invoice (copy)
Dealer Paperwork (copy) (optional)
and....please send a copy of a Marti Report, if you have one.

I'm compiling what I have now, and it will be very detailed it it's final form.

Send it to:
Paul M. Newitt
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617"

Last edited:

quicknick

Update on my "C" code please Paul. It's been so long, I forgot what I sent you.
Bazant
8R01C139356.
Also, please verify that you changed the info on my "T" code and "S" code Cali's into the new owners names as both cars were sold this year. I will PM you with those vin's as well. Thank you, Nicholas

J.Bart

hi paul,
i would like to confirm, i sure don't want to miss out on having my cars in the new regstry.

hennefer 8R01J156645
hennefer 1ZVHT82H685155630

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Just so you know...

I am keeping an eye on this thread...

Thanks for your posts,

Paul N.

pippin

my updated answers to owner survey:

Paul

Cavagnaro
vin# 8R01C141596

Some answers/updates to the Owner Survey:

#7: No formal appraisal, but almost 15 offers to buy between $7500 and $10,500.

#8: Stock Lime Gold repaint will have Factory white stripes.

#9: Dealer installed front chrome with rubber large bumper guards also over front chrome guards.

#17: Full Black Dash Pad, Black Camera Finish/chrome dash face, lt greet window pillars and black knobs to window cranks, and black rear tray, all factory.

#18: Chrome front factory, body color rear with rubber strip. Over front side marker, there are rubber things at an angle from behind the valiance to underside of the bumper.

#20: Flasher mount is bolted to the lower bolt on the steering column.

#21: i see "OK - 30" rubber stamped in red on its side like it was stamped by someone leaning over the passenger fender, its about 1/2 past the bump on the cowl in like with the edge of the hood seal end. Its angles like it might even have been a left handed inspector.

#23: I would say it has a slight bubble out when viewed from the side, tint is a brownish color not green or smoke. I think its original by looking at the pits and rubber condition.

#24: Spare was a stock steel wheel with a stock skinny tire im sure. I have one stock wheel left and i think it was the spare.

Thanks again,

Later.

calspecialchic

Paul, I know I am in your registry, but I was wondering if you'd be ok with a new picture. I sent you all of my information along with a picture but I now have my pretty new restored Mustang back so if it is not too late, I can send you my new ones. If so, how would you like them, email, or printed and mailed? Thanks.

BroadwayBlue

DiMarino - 8R01C151496

Just making sure you got this car in there.
I was in between cars (selling one and just bought a new one) when I sent my info. Want to be sure you got my latest info. I think you do but wanted to make sure.

Thanks!

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Let me make this clear to everyone.

I am working VERY HARD on the book right now. I DO NOT have time to go to every PM, and answer "Is my car in there?"...."tell me"....

I have three big plastic tubs with about 900 cars' listings filed in there. If I answered every PM by going to the files, and digging it out, then coming back to the PMs, and answering them individually, I wouldn't get anything done during the day.

I really, really appreciate everyone sending in their registrations, etc...but constant PM questions like this is maddening. That is why I set up this thread. I can do this all at one sitting, and everyone will know soon enough.

I appreciate your patience...

Paul.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I would like to add a couple of things to my previous comments...

First of all, those that know me, know that I tend to speak my mind. It's not about hurting or putting anyone down (which some readers tend to assume), it's just my character, and I apologise to anyone that I've offended. I tell it like it is (and sometimes that can actually be a GOOD thing....LOL..).

I am working feverishly on the book. I spend from early morning to (sometimes) 1 or 2AM working on the layouts, and text, which is very meticulous. I want to just get the bulk of the book done, and THEN attack the Registry.

In doing so, I'm allowing the maximum amount of time for people to still get their cars in the Registry--and in the book--as I'm working on the main part first. It's like working on a mortgage application and fed. income taxes all at the same time...AAHH!!

So--when I'm ready to get to the Registry, I will be very focused on each and every car. This is a very tedious and detailed process, and when it's that time--at the end of doing the book (soon), I will be getting back to everyone (and then I'LL be the annoying one!!. LOL!).

I want to make it crystal clear that I TRULY APPRECIATE each and every person that has sent in the information about their car, copied their Marti report, and have gone to the trouble to mail it to me. That also goes for the advance orders, too. THANK YOU so very,very much.

This is just a stressful time for me, and I'm doing my absolute best to make a high quality book, to honor your enthusiasm, and to make us all proud.

Again, thank you for your support and understanding...

Paul Newitt.

2007texasgtcs

2007 Gtcs Registry

Paul, I can understand all the pressure You are under, however, I would like to confirm if i have registered my GTCS
last name: martin
VIN: 1ZVFT82H375258011

P.S. If I am not registerd please tell me what I need to do to get it registered