• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

How to tell if it's a gt?

somethingspecial

It Shouldn't. The interior was pretty much standard. The ones I have seen may have been dealer added, or owner added. I'll try to post those pictures tonight. Mike

68gt390

Below are shots of the interior in my GT Coupe which is Nugget Gold. Seat covers, metal dash, console and headliner are all nugget gold. The carpet is a light green with black camera case dash pieces and black dash pad.

Don

Attachments

• 68GT9.JPG
    68GT9.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 68GT10.JPG
    68GT10.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 23

Mustanglvr

That sure looks like Saddle interior Don. They must be very close in color.

nfrntau

You can try looking at the back side of the door and fender edges for stripe remnants. The original white stripes were still on the back of mine when I got it even though the car had been repainted and no stripes reapplied.

OP
OP
crmont

crmont

I found this little tidbit of information in my records. The vin# is wrong, the guy inverted the last two numbers and it is saying it was blue. Can anyone authenticate? Is this just a prop?

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 44

Mustanglvr

Crmont, so it did come with the GT equipment group! Great! You have a well optioned car!
Maybe I read the data wrong or maybe you posted it wrong. You can look it up if you click on the link in the left column of this page that says "Vin Reports" scroll down and you will find in the lower two links under "Data Plate Decoders" where you can decode it yourself.

OP
OP
crmont

crmont

The vin report doesn't really parse out GT options as far as I can tell. The "Invoice" has got to be fake becouse of the two errors. At this point I will be happy if it's a legit gt/cs. :scared: I hope the deluxe marti report will clear things up.

Mustanglvr

The Marti Vin report will tell you if it had the GT equipment group.

I don`t have any of the old registry books, but maybe someone else here does and could look up the vin. It may be in one of them. 8R01J157642

68gt390

Mustanglvr said:
The Marti Vin report will tell you if it had the GT equipment group.

I don`t have any of the old registry books, but maybe someone else here does and could look up the vin. It may be in one of them. 8R01J157642

Checked both registries and found VIN 8R01J157624 in the 1996 Registry. This is the info from the Registry:

Keith Turner J157624 J 65A O 2G 17D 71 5 5 Lucas Black Yes

Did not find VIN 8R01J157642 any where. This matches your initial VIN entry at the beginning of this post. The entry in the Registry shows it is a GT Optioned car with black vinyl top and lucas fog lights.

Two things odd about the Ford Factory Invoice you posted is -
1. It show's the exterior color as Acapulco Blue but, the exterior color code is "0" which should be Seafoam Green.

2. The VIN is also different than what is shown in the registry but, the registry does show the same owner as the invoice - Keith Turner.

Wonder if the actual exterior paint code wa suppose to be a "Q" Brittany Blue but, was mistyped with an "O" instead. Either way once you get your Marti Report your questions should be answered.

Don

68gt390

Mustanglvr said:
That sure looks like Saddle interior Don. They must be very close in color.

It's not saddle. Interior Code is 2Y. I think what throws it off is my steering wheel which is the deluxe woodgrain steering wheel from the factory and is a little faded. Could be the flash I used since those photo's were taken in the garage. Hard to say.

Don

OP
OP
crmont

crmont

68gt390 said:
Checked both registries and found VIN 8R01J157624 in the 1996 Registry. This is the info from the Registry:

Keith Turner J157624 J 65A O 2G 17D 71 5 5 Lucas Black Yes

Did not find VIN 8R01J157642 any where. This matches your initial VIN entry at the beginning of this post. The entry in the Registry shows it is a GT Optioned car with black vinyl top and lucas fog lights.

Two things odd about the Ford Factory Invoice you posted is -
1. It show's the exterior color as Acapulco Blue but, the exterior color code is "0" which should be Seafoam Green.

2. The VIN is also different than what is shown in the registry but, the registry does show the same owner as the invoice - Keith Turner.

Wonder if the actual exterior paint code wa suppose to be a "Q" Brittany Blue but, was mistyped with an "O" instead. Either way once you get your Marti Report your questions should be answered.

Don

Interesting. I too noticed the obvious errors. Keith Turner likely registered the car and forged the "Invoice". My hope is that he simply typed somthing up to look cool in the car shows and accidentally inverted the last two digits. Oh, did I mention Keith Turner is not the original owner?

I HOPE it's a GT but I'm not holding my breath. Would it really affect it's value that much?

Attachments

• MVC-853X.JPG
    MVC-853X.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 26

Mustanglvr

Maybe Kieth Turner thought the old invoice was too tattered and he made up a new one, messing up on the vin# and body color.

OP
OP
crmont

crmont

Na. He wouldn't have changed himself to being the original owner by accident too..(would he?):icon_no:

Mustanglvr

If he`s bold enough to fake an invoice then maybe your car is a clone. It is beautiful either way.

OP
OP
crmont

crmont

I'm reasonably sure it's a GT/CS. I'm just suspicious of the GT option.

68gt390

Having the GT Options Group would effect the price versus a non-GT car. How much is anyones guess. I know it would and should be a selling point for the car. But, again that's totally up to the seller and buyer how much they want to emphasize it. I think at this point you are pretty safe in assuming your car has the GT Option Package. As for the Invoice, it may be as you stated, just something he made up for show's. I've actually seen a lot of folks do that.

Don :cool:

somethingspecial

Pictures of Ivy Gold Interior

I am having trouble downloading the pics as they are to large. I will keep working at it and post as soon as I can. Where's my kid, she is better at this than I am. LOL. Mike