• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Hockey Night in Canada

gazrox

Tomorrow night (Tuesday) is the showdown between Canada and the USA for the gold medal in the Word Junior Hockey Championship here in Saskatoon. Our friends south of the border thought they could beat us in the round robin so they are back for another shot at us!

Good Luck to both teams - its been a memorable tournament.

If you ever get a chance to see this hockey, its very fast and skillful, unlike the NHL with a bunch of sorry-ass oldtimers that prefer clutching, grabbing and fighting.

di81977

Should be fun. I have watched a couple games over the christmas/new year break. Lets be clear though, the US lost in a shootout. I think they will get Canada this time round :). The Olympics, that will be another story. Canada has a very strong team.

My 8 year old has been playing for 5 years. His hockey association has a Junior A team. They are fun to watch.

David

Stathy

Gary, as a proud Canadian I've been quite excited this past week watching such top notch hockey.
I would have to put my money on the U.S. team this go around.
They are big, fast and physical. One of the best teams I've seen them put together.
It wouldn't be so bad if we lost would it?

Stan from Vancouver

our special

Stan, my thoughts are much the same as yours. The U.S. has put together a fast, strong team this year and our guys are going to have to work for a win.

May the best team win, but I hope it is a good clean win and not a "shoot out ". I haven't really taken to the shoot out.

Dave
Newfoundland

OP
OP
gazrox

gazrox

If the response of Canadians in the past when they lose a hockey game is anything to go on, I reckon it will be a national disaster if they lose!!!

I went to three games this last week, two of the them were the US team against Latvia and Finland. Wow, they are very good, and I agree - this is the best team USA have had for a number of years.

My nephew will be the Canadian Flag carrier at the start of the gold medal game. Its going to be great night of hockey!!

Northern Pony

Gary;
I've been watching some of these games, may the best team win!

LET'S GO CANADA

BoB

Northern Pony

Nice over time goal and USA wins Gold, John Carlson should be very proud of himself and the team.
Silver is a heart break for Canada.
BoB

di81977

Incredible game. Canada has a strong team, thought they had the USA's number again. That last 5 minutes of the 3rd period was amazing. Is that twice coming back from 2 goal deficits?

I still think Canada will wipe up the US at the Olympics. As a huge Shark's fan, I am rooting for the Thornton, Heatley, Marleau line.

OP
OP
gazrox

gazrox

I can honestly say that was one of the best hockey games I have seen for awhile. Jordan Eberle was unbelievable to remain so cool and calm to score the two comeback goals. For me though, the play of the game was when the US goalie was down and out, Team Canada took a shot, and a Team USA defensemen (not sure who it was) blocked the shot on the goal line. Shortly after USA scored the OT winner.

Congratulations to Team USA - they deserved the win!! To have blocked so many shots on goal as they did was an amazing performance.

Buffalo NY next year - we're coming back to get that trophy!!!