• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 GT exhaust tips

cool68

quick question how far should the GT exhaust tips extend out the GT valance...i want my CS to look factory correct:smile:

robert campbell

I prefer about 1 inch from the tip on the top side to the valance. I see many sticking out a lot longer out than that. As the tip is moved inward it gets very close to the rear leaf hanger on the left side. If you stick them out further this is not a problem.

Preference only. I am not sure of how they were in stock form. I hate exhaust tips that are uneven and not centered!!!

Rob

OP
OP
cool68

cool68

I prefer about 1 inch from the tip on the top side to the valance. I see many sticking out a lot longer out than that. As the tip is moved inward it gets very close to the rear leaf hanger on the left side. If you stick them out further this is not a problem.

Preference only. I am not sure of how they were in stock form. I hate exhaust tips that are uneven and not centered!!!

Rob

thanks robert for the info....i may go with the 1in ideal....i don't want my tips sticking out to far

sportyworty

They varied a bit up to 1.75". When I restored the 68.5 Scott Fuller checked several of his original cars for me. I settled on 1.25" but anywhere from 1 inch like Robert shared and 1.75" are documented numbers.

OP
OP
cool68

cool68

They varied a bit up to 1.75". When I restored the 68.5 Scott Fuller checked several of his original cars for me. I settled on 1.25" but anywhere from 1 inch like Robert shared and 1.75" are documented numbers.
wow thanks for those numbers.... i like that 1in or that 1.25...it just looks cleaner