• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 goes right at the DMV

cool68

I just received my registration from the DMV... i had requested to keep my black and yellow plates(WIN833)...my CS was out of the DMV records for 20+ year and the pink slip was lost....i did have an old registration from 1984...they made me do a lot of paper work and pay some money that i didn,t have....but it payed off in the end.....i get to keep my plates and i have a new pink slip and tags...this made my day.......:smile:
does anyone know who restores plates in california?

Attachments

• plates 042.jpg
    plates 042.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 45
  • a 349.jpg
    a 349.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 888888888 044.jpg
    888888888 044.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 49

CougarCJ

Congratulations, that is awesome. I had heard that a paper trail was helpful. Did they charge you as if they were personalized?

mbsf1970

DANG!!!! Our cars must have been made on the same day!! My VIN is 4 higher than yours. ....562.

Cool. Congrats on keeping your plates!

Stephen

P.S. just relooked at your photo..scratch that they were made the same day....yours has flush mount reflectors, mine are mounted....mine was also made Feb 20th, 5 days after scheduled build of the 15th.

somethingspecial

Sorry to tell you it is illegal to restore license plates in California. I have seen some anal retentive officers confiscate plates due to alteration. They can not be altered in any fasion than what was delivered and issued by the state. With that being said, since you already have the plate assigned to your car, find one of those guys at car shows who sell the custom vintage license plates. They seem to have the colors correct, especially the black and yellow plate and see what they would charge. If it looks correct, chances of being discovered is extremely low. For those who are wanting to assign year of manufacture plates, (YOM), usually on much older cars, do not have them restored until you have had DMV inspect the plate, which they usually do, and you are approved for the new plate number, then have them restored. Seen DMV refuse plates because they were restored. Just a friendly warning. Congrats on the black plate re-issue.

Don

I just received my registration from the DMV... i had requested to keep my black and yellow plates(WIN833)...my CS was out of the DMV records for 20+ year and the pink slip was lost....i did have an old registration from 1984...they made me do a lot of paper work and pay some money that i didn,t have....but it payed off in the end.....i get to keep my plates and i have a new pink slip and tags...this made my day.......:smile:
does anyone know who restores plates in california?

This is extremely important information since many are in the same boat. Can you please elaborate on some details.

Without a title you had zero proof of ownership, is that correct?
Was it the old registration, in your name, that was used to prove ownership or could you have gotten the new pink without the old registration?
Is the new pink "clean" not salvage or some other status?

Congratulation on successfully dealing with them. You can get brand new black and yellow plates directly from DMV (legacy plates) check to see if you can get them with your original numbers.
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/legacyplates/index.htm