• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. No good deed goes unpunished!

shane18fly

Took the Royal Maroon 68 GT/CS out for a quick errand yesterday to the local Home Depot if not but to shake the cob webs off the car from a cool winter. After completing my errand and while driving through the parking lot I came across a family with young children, stroller and all and a mom trying to cross the parking lot with a multitude of drivers going on by oblivious to her plight. Easy enough, I stopped and waved them across and the oncoming traffic, at my stopping, also stopped and let them cross. Behind me a middle aged guy in a Chevy Colorado, started honking and yelling for me to move on-while the family was crossing and with their 2-3 year old literally in the grille of my car!! I thought "really??". I turned around and pointed to the family in order to make the obvious more obvious...He just yelled more. This got under my skin so after the family crossed I pulled on forward but yielded to the right to let him pass and to perhaps correct his manners. Mistake number one...He pulled up, flew the middle finger, called me and my car, my mother and other assorted family members I don't have names and just before pulling away pulled a 9 mm pistol and pointed at me and yelled "bang"! He then sped off with me in pursuit(concerned about a crazy driver with a gun no less) to get his license plate number and report him. Mistake number two...at the sight of my following to get plate he again brandished a pistol. That's when I decided to leave this hothead alone and let him pull away! When did good manners and common sense leave us?? Today, I'm just going to stay home and mow the lawn.....shane

sam

What an ugly experience. More hotheads out there.....sorry to say, sometimes not worth getting into a confrontation. In NH we don't have many good ol boys up here...........winters scare them away ! Yipee

Ruppstang

You are a good guy. There are not enough like you out there. I am glad you and your car ok. You just never know what people like that will do. Marty

J.Bart

WOW!
i'm not saying you did the wrong thing.
but i keep thinking in these types of situations, can we let these go?
my thoughts go to dialing 911 and having the cops pulling them over.
my thoughts also go to repercussions
this type of person can't be allowed to rule the roads
but like i say, i'm not sure.
maybe it's a single guy perspective, and if i had a wife and kids it would be different
i don't know,
but a law abiding citizen should be able to feel free to do as you did,
anytime and any place! that much i'm sure!
do we have to carry video cameras 24/7 just for such instances?

somethingspecial

I hope you at least called the local law to file a report. If you didn't get a plate # you can at least give a discription of the truck, driver, last know direction of travel, what kind of weapon. I'm sure your local law would not let this go without searching for the jerk. If you did'nt report it, please do. This guy needs to be taken down. If he was in your shopping center, he is probably a local idiot and frequents the shopping center. At least if nothing else, do a log entry with you local PD of Sheriff so if another incident happens, it shows it would not be the first time with this idiot. Mike

OP
OP
S

shane18fly

Yup-called local police with truck description . I'm no lone wolf..believe me, pulling over to let him by was my only intent(didn't want him to hurt the car!!). The issue itself was gone as soon as the whole parking lot saw what a horses end he was. When he slowed down to have words I knew there was trouble. And yes, I have a wife and kids and knew that anything he had to say was worthless at that point given that he was clearly a jerk. Initially following him was only to get at least a close description and plates if possible since I was nearly in shock when he brandished a weapon(did not really remember a thing initially). I also believe in Karma...he'll get his someday if he has not already received it...have a good weekend, I know mine is already better!!shane

rvrtrash

Sorry to hear of the incident. Jerks like that give all gun owners a bad name. You seem to hear of this kind of thing more in areas where guns are less common, and the coward thinks he's the only one that has one. I'm glad you're safe and hope the cops throw him in jail where he can spend some quality time with the other inmates.

Steve

Midnight Special

Wow, Thank goodness you kept your cool and things went the way they did for the moment. I sure didn't read where you made any mistakes. That idiot is lucky he pulled that on you and not another armed hot head! His "Karma" may well have him chased down by someone who does more than "brandish a pistol" next time!

Glad that you are okay and all is well!

Perkchiro

First of all, thanks keeping a cool head and for looking out for a mother and her children. Secondly, the guy that hurled insults and pointed a weapon at you and yelled "bang" is guilty of an "assault with a deadly weapon". I certain hope you got the license number and filed a report and will persue prosecution if and when he's caught. And I hope he rots in jail for at least a year for such actions. As a concealed carry permit holder, that type of behavior is not only inappropriate, but illegal!!

68 special

I must applaud you for not only letting the mother and children cross but also for keeping your cool. It's people like you that keep this world somewhat sane. You did the right thing. Hopefully they can catch the jerk.

Bret