• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Galpin GT/CS 40th ANNIV. DETAILS for 4/19 EVENT

GTCSMustang

Thank God there's not a picture of me anywhere. At the Galpin event Casey organized a silent auction for the event banner (signed by everyone) and a diecast GT/CS signed by the man himself (Paul Newitt). I was fortunate enough to win the car. There was another gentleman bidding towards the end of the auction and he graciously said he would let me have it. I don't remember his name, but I certainly appreciate the gesture. And here's a picture of the car in it's new home in my office. I still need to find a permanent place to put it. Starting a "Newitt Shrine".

It was great meeting everyone. And thanks to Mike and Robinette for picking up my dinner tab last night.

Scott

Attachments

• DSC00455.JPG
    DSC00455.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC00456.JPG
    DSC00456.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 30

CougarCJ

What a great turn out! There was an old & new CS in the "featured car" area - the black 68 turned out to be a neighbor of mine, Doug. I knew he had one in his garage, but this was the first time I've seen it.
~ Lisa

You must live in Brea. :grin:

Doug Reid owns that loaded black J code on the grass.

joedls

At the Galpin event Casey organized a silent auction for the event banner (signed by everyone) and a diecast GT/CS signed by the man himself (Paul Newitt). I was fortunate enough to win the car.

And I was fortunate enough to win the event banner signed by all. :grin:

Attachments

• banner.jpg
    banner.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 52

BroadwayBlue

Looks like a good time was had by all!!

Great pics!!

A thought ... any chance of getting all the pics into a gallery so it's easy to find down the road and easier to scroll through, add captions, etc ...
I guess maybe Jon would need to create the gallery since pics are from multiple people. I think you can only update your own gallery not one created by someone else.

Enjoyed the pics and stories!! Thanks!

somethingspecial

Hey Guys, quick note from the Hotel, Neil is standing here with us. Thanks to him, Bob, and Joe for helping with my Mayday in WATTS!!!!!!!!! Bad place to break down. Turned out it was a faulty fuel line clamp going to the fuel pump which caused me to run out of fuel. Thought I had a full tank when we left. Made it about 15 miles and quit dead. Once we figured out what it was, it ran real quick out of WATTS!!!!!!!! More later about that story when we get home. Had a great time, (not in Watts of course). Can't wait until next year. Neal says he will post somthing when he gets home. Mike, Robinette, and Neil.

tworings

You must live in Brea. :grin:

Doug Reid owns that loaded black J code on the grass.

Oh oh, my secret location is out! LOL Yep - Doug lives just down the street from us. I suppose you know his brother's Cougar Eliminator (and I understand there's a lime '67 Mustang in the garage too)...

CougarCJ

Oh oh, my secret location is out! LOL Yep - Doug lives just down the street from us. I suppose you know his brother's Cougar Eliminator (and I understand there's a lime '67 Mustang in the garage too)...

Yes, all of those and the Dart wagon. LOL

hotrodgrany

Hay, I found this on BMC today, and asked the person who took pictures to post them here, sorry but could't wait to post this one. Way to go Paul..... we are all proud of you, right......:wink:

Attachments

• item.jpg
    item.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 52

Diesel Donna

Wow! Love the slide show girlfriend!!! I didn't know you were there or I woulda said Hey!

I just had the best weekend ever!

~~~~Donna

Mustanger

Cool slideshow!!! Sorry I missed meeting you, maybe next time we can all make a better effort to meet each other and check out each other's cars ... BTW, your black GTCS is really cool :thumb: ...

HappyHour

Very nice new Black convertible CS with the Shelby hood pins (not locks!:smile: )..is that an add option for the CS?

And really like the Lime green with Black scheme...pretty schweet look although looks like someone was camera shy and was diving head first into passenger seat. :grin:

(Non CS content) So no pictures of the Hertz Rent-A-Racer? They have a couple scattered around very nice. Sweet Shelby gold on black convertible rumblin through the city up here in SF.

Thanks for the pics everyone...I am getting no work done today!! :icon_no:

nates68

I Loved Your Car At Gas Show. I Took Pictures. Great Slide Show.
Thanks, Nates68

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Thank You!!

Where do I begin?!

I'm still in the Malibu area tonight, off to get home tomorrow...so this is a preview.

I had a fantastic time--and I met a lot of absolutely wonderful people at both the Galpin event and the Knott's event. Seeing Casey (and Mary Jean)was so great--and the idea of putting faces with e-mail and posting buddies was almost surreal. I was calling it "a family reunion with some people I'd never met".

After the Galpin event, I treated myself to an evening at Disneyland (open until midnight), and during dinner (Plaza Inn), It all-of-a-sudden hit me that I'd won the Iaccoca award. Even as I write this, it's still difficult to not feel so moved by the experience--as well as the feeling of everyone clapping during the presentation.

I really appreciate the help and friendship with not only Beau Boeckmann, but with Tiffany, who set up and put on the event. They fed over 100 of us, and it was at their expense. How awesome is that?

I just know that there will be a lot more GT/CS events in So. Cal, and other places around the country due to this event. I felt so close to people I'd barely known before; previously just as names on registry forms. This event has catalyzed the group in so many ways...and has formed close life long friendships like never before.

I'll have much more to say soon....but I wanted to chime in for a minute before I got home. I have SO MANY many people to thank and aknowledge.

I'm so glad that everyone had a good time, and I thank everyone for making the effort to get there.

We have a lot to look forward to....as you ain't seen nuthin yet!!

thank you all!!

Paul :)

p.s. "A Newitt Shrine"?? uh oh!!!