• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Galpin Auto Sports, GT/CS, HCS 40th Anniversary

case12

Here is the article done in Mustang Times on the big celebration in April. Mary Jean did a great job! See if you can pick out your GT/CS in a picture....

I was happy they gave my daughter credit for some of the pictures. At 16, she is now a "published photographer". :smile:

BTW, I am not the assistant registrar. They just asked for club titles and that was the easiest thing to say at the time, since we dont really have a club - we are more like a family on this site!!

Congratulations again to Paul and everyone that participated - I will never forget it!!!

Casey

Attachments

• GTCS_40_1.jpg
    GTCS_40_1.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 61
  • GTCS_40_2.jpg
    GTCS_40_2.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 56
OP
OP
case12

case12

Here are the files in pdf so you can actually read the text. Casey

Attachments

• 0861_001.pdf
    344.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 0860_001.pdf
    239.6 KB · Views: 52

franklinair

Mailed to MCA members.

Neil

P.S.
A GREAT time was had by all. So glad I was able to go.
Pay no attention to the old geezer loitering behind Bob Teets' HCS (the one on the left)!!

Last edited:

tworings

Casey - thanks for posting the article. We don't get the Mustang Times, so would have missed seeing Buttercup (and Stan in the background) :grin:

I'm glad that we were able to be there! ~Lisa

P

PNewitt

WOW. How neat!! I have to thank Casey for such a wonderful job putting that event together, and for playing M.C. (give that guy a microphone!!) --along with Tiffany and Beau at Galpin. If any of you ever get to Los Angeles, you need to stop at GAS, and try out their wonderful restaurant over at Galpin across the street, too.

I also want to thank everyone who came to this event--and brought their GT/CSs, both 1968 and 2007-2008. I only wish I could have had more time to visit with everyone!! ...and especially Mary Jean for coming all the way from Florida. What a neat lady!!

It's one thing to visit on these boards, and another to visit with real people in person. I had a wonderful time--one of the very, very best days of my life.

Thanks to all of you, for making this Mustang so very special.

In all seriousness, it was--and is--such an honor to have received this award, and to have had so many wonderful people there to share it with. I am so humbled, still to this day. Thank you very much--to everyone who attended!!

Paul.

p.s. Assistant Registrar? CASEY??? ya mean I gotta pay HIM, too? How 'bout some ribs, steak and shrimp at Rainforest Cafe? Will that do?

Last edited:
OP
OP
case12

case12

Correction - Paul put the event together. I just added flavor.

Paul - feed me good and I will work hard. "Will work for food" :grin:

Casey