• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Ford Spring Spectacular in Parksville today ...

GT/CS S Code

Today was the annual "Ford Spring Spectacular held up in Parksville at Joe Cunningham Ford. They clear their sales lot for the day and let our local Mustang club take it over for a show and shine. I won 2nd place in the '67 / '68 Coupe class, but I didn't feel bad since 1st place went to Pete Dobson from Port Alberni showing HIS Candy Apple Red "J" code GT/CS!
:grin:
There were some interesting cars there this time around, including a cute little English Ford Consul that the owner had transplanted a Mazda Rotary engine into!
Here is the link to my PhotoBucket album of today's pictures:
http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd466/Reverend_Al/Ford Spring Spectacular May 26th 2012/

OP
OP
GT/CS S Code

GT/CS S Code

Correction ...

I just had a closer look at my trophy from yesterday (which was an engraved stainless steel "travelling coffee mug") and Pete and I were the winners in the '67 & '68 "all variations" class, so we were actually up against all of the coupes, fastbacks and convertibles ... Cool!
:cool:

OP
OP
GT/CS S Code

GT/CS S Code

... and we missed Bill ...

We missed seeing Bill and "Tanner" there this year though ... it would have been nice to have had 3 GT/CS's a the show like we had last year!
(Pete from Port Alberni drove his out to Alberta this year (Red Deer? Lethbridge?) and he said there were 9 GT/CS's at the show out there!)

TraveledGTCS

I enjoyed the Parksville show last year, however the ferry costs are a bit prohibitive. But I plan on making it up there another time. BTW Tanner is no longer with me. He had to be put down a couple weeks ago due to congentical heart disease. But we had over 11 great years together.

Bill

Northern Pony

Bill;
I hate to break into another's thread this way, but just had to say i was sorry that you had to put Tanner down. I'm not sure how many International's it has been, but Tanner has always been there with you. A very loyal companion you had there.
See you in Winnipeg? a hell of a long road trip for you folks on the West Coast.
BoB

OP
OP
GT/CS S Code

GT/CS S Code

So sorry to hear about "Tanner" ...

Bill, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of "Tanner". I know just exactly how you feel right now since we just had to put down my German Shorthaired Pointer "Jake" in April after sharing 11 1/2 wonderful hunting years together. He was my absolute best little buddy too and I miss him very, very much.
Just curious ... when is the event out in Winnipeg that Bob mentioned in his response? Laurie and I will be out in Manitoba for a family visit alternating between Winnipeg and Selkirk from June 21st until August 6th. We won't have the CS with us since we'll be flying out for the trip, but we would love to come and check it out if there is an event on during the time we're out there?

TraveledGTCS

Every year during Labor Day weekend (end of August/beging September) the International Mustang Meet puts on their shows. One year in Canada, the next in the US. This year it is in Winnipeg and in 2013 it is suppose to be in Bozeman, MT; and the following year (2014) I believe it will be hosted by the Greater Vancouver Mustang Association. They have a separate class for GT/CS & HCS, both Stock and Modified (for every stock class they have a modified and vice versa.) It's a great show and they usually have 300 - 400 Mustangs, and in 2010 in Red Deer there were 8 Specials in the stock class, the most I've seen at any show I've been to. I have a hunch though, at Concord that number will be exceeded.

As for the Winnipeg show, I'm still thinking about it. There is a couple I know who are going to make the trip and they are trying to talk me into making the trip with them. They have a modified 93 Bright Red 5.0 GT Convertible. We've made many trips together to car shows.

Bill

OP
OP
GT/CS S Code

GT/CS S Code

A day late ... (and many dollars short) ...

Too bad we'll already be back home by that weekend, but Vancouver is pretty close to us for 2014!
:grin:

Northern Pony

Al;
You mentioned Red Deer, attached is a shot from that show, believe your friend from BC may be beside my old Royal Maroon, Bill's car at the end of the row.
BoB

Attachments

• 2010international red deer 009.jpg
    2010international red deer 009.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
GT/CS S Code

GT/CS S Code

Al;
You mentioned Red Deer, attached is a shot from that show, believe your friend from BC may be beside my old Royal Maroon, Bill's car at the end of the row.
BoB

I suspect that you are probably right Bob. His car is easy to spot though, as he has a very distinctive, rectangular, hand fabricated Monte Carlo Bar installed on his car!

Attachments

• Ford Spring Spectacular May 26, 2012 005 (Large).jpg
    Ford Spring Spectacular May 26, 2012 005 (Large).jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
GT/CS S Code

GT/CS S Code

By the way ...

By the way ... while I was showing our car at the Parksville show this year there was a huge and sudden gust of wind that caught us unaware and it blew over my display stand with our Elite Marti report. Of course it shattered the glass face as soon as it hit the ground! I just got a new piece of Lexan cut and fitted to the original frame and will re-align all the paperwork and seal it back up for future shows. I don't know if anyone else displays their Marti report on a stand with their car like we do, but you might want to take the glass out and replace it with a Lexan plastic cover so that you don't run into this problem? I'm just sayin' ...
:sad:

Attachments

• Ford Spring Spectacular in Parksville May 29th 2011 001 (Medium).jpg
    Ford Spring Spectacular in Parksville May 29th 2011 001 (Medium).jpg
    92 KB · Views: 22