• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Dyno / tuning questions

Caligirl

Hi all, last Saturday I met up with some members of our club to have our cars put on the dyno. Since my Cali now has 4,000 miles on her I decided to put her on the dyno to get a starting point before making any upgrades to the exhaust or engine. I was the last one to be done and after only one pull he stopped and explained to me that my car was tuned so poorly he was afraid to do any more pulls until I got her tuned better. My car has had nothing done to the engine, so this was the tuning on her from the factory. Has anyone else with the new generation 07 cal specs had this problem? I was hoping to outdo the rest of the gts there but instead only did 8 horsepower more than a v6. I did go back last evening and have them put a C & L cold air intake and tuning on her which did get me 27 more horsepower. Thanks.

07GT/CS

Crazy question,They found more power now but couldnt run it stock?Sound fishy.Ive got a dyno here in house and I put down 272hp and 297tq SAE stock.Now Im at 300HP and 321tq with tuning,CAI,Pullies.Ford usually runs 11.7 air fuel ratio on a stock car.We see alot of new mustangs and we have yet to see otherwise.

davidathans

11.7!? are you serious? that air fuel ratio is for supercharged cars...a naturally aspirated motor should be around 12.8-13.5....11.7 is way too rich...how many stock 4.6L mustangs w/o superchargers did you see with 11.7 air fuel ratios stock? that doesnt sound right at all...man you'd have to add that CAI just to bring your A/F ratio back to where it should be to begin with

07GT/CS

11.7!? are you serious? that air fuel ratio is for supercharged cars...a naturally aspirated motor should be around 12.8-13.5....11.7 is way too rich...how many stock 4.6L mustangs w/o superchargers did you see with 11.7 air fuel ratios stock? that doesnt sound right at all...man you'd have to add that CAI just to bring your A/F ratio back to where it should be to begin with
Actually 12.8 is ideal but you have to remember that These new cars are warranteed and rich is safe.Plus you have two expensive catylitic converters to cool down at wide open.My 04 Mach1 was 11.8A/F bonestock.You could add a CAI to the 07 GT but then you need a tune because it wont get out of its own way.My 07 is at 12.8A/F now.Any leaner and it loses power and the knock sensors pick it up.