• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Dare I ask? Post Photos of ourselves?

Mustanger

... before anyone calls me on it, I know that the collage of beach pic's is showing Ruby's at the end of the pier, and therefore that's Newport not Huntington (aka Surf City) ... I just thought it was a nice pic ... besides, those 2 beaches are close to each other ...

Midnight Special

Stacey Enderle said:
Thankyou, :smile:

That P-51 (if I'm correct) is that your plane? That must be alot of fun flying in that. Your CS also looked very awesome in that parade! Nice photos all the way around, you as well as your vehicles!

Stacey

...Oh Stacey, I'd love nothing more than to say that was my airplane, but I couldn't afford the responsibility for such a machine if one were given to me.

I've been fortunate to the privilage of chairing our local air shows where we honor the greatest (WWII) generation as well as those like Doug who persist unselfishly so you and I can share our experiences here :) Privileged too in meeting accomplished veterans, pilots, people with real stories to tell whose generosity extends to opportunities like flying in warbirds!

We have that here when it comes to our GT/CSs. For some time now, we have supported and facilitated our 4-wheeled passions with growing kinship. I like seeing the regulars go a li'l "personal" with confidence (and photos) as a sort of "site celebrity" thing... I've enjoyed the "real" people here as well as moderation of "riff raff" thanks to Jon.

There is no better feeling than getting caught in the act of doing what you love. I enjoy helping people accomplish that 'cuz so many have helped me... I'm glad you (and others) posted your picture! "Sally Fields" has nothing on you Stacey :)) Keep lookin' up!!

Attachments

• DSC_4108.JPG
    DSC_4108.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Mustanger

Mustanger said:
... before anyone calls me on it, I know that the collage of beach pic's is showing Ruby's at the end of the pier, and therefore that's Newport not Huntington (aka Surf City) ... I just thought it was a nice pic ... besides, those 2 beaches are close to each other ...

... and for those that don't know "Ruby's" ...

http://www.rubys.com/

... checking out their website I was reminded that Huntington also has a Ruby's at the end of its pier, but it looks a little different ...

Diesel Donna

davidathans said:
Thumbs up...its what happens when you drive a CS!

Hey David? The wheels are suppose to be ON the car not IN them!!! Hahahahaaaaaaa!!

~~~~Donna

davidathans

haha the tires in the back seat are Hoosier 26x9-15 slicks mounted on 15x8 weld racing 14lbs. aluminum wheels...i drive 60+miles out to LACR on my street tires which are Kumho Ecsta Supra 712s in a 275/40ZR17 tire on a 17x9" AFS wheels cobra Rim...the slicks just fit in the back seat and they leave rocks that are stuck in the rubber of the slicks all over the backseat haha

bringing that extra set of slicks out to the track is worth half a second to a second in a quarter mile drag race.

Hey Tim...love the picture, can you modify it to have white stripes like my car? haha
My street tires are getting really bald from exibition of speed, i will need drag radials soon.

joedls

I may get in trouble for this, but here is a pic of Diesel Donna, me, and Calif Girl after the Fab Fords Forever show.

Attachments

• P1010102.JPG
    P1010102.JPG
    202.1 KB · Views: 131

Diesel Donna

joedls said:
I may get in trouble for this, but here is a pic of Diesel Donna, me, and Calif Girl after the Fab Fords Forever show.

I just KNEW you would rat me out Joe! :tongue: Hey, I've lost weight since then...I'll get a nice picture soon.

I want to see the Mullet Man, LOL!! C'mon Jason!

Midnight Special

davidathans said:
haha the tires in the back seat are Hoosier 26x9-15 slicks mounted on 15x8 weld racing 14lbs. aluminum wheels...i drive 60+miles out to LACR on my street tires which are Kumho Ecsta Supra 712s in a 275/40ZR17 tire on a 17x9" AFS wheels cobra Rim...the slicks just fit in the back seat and they leave rocks that are stuck in the rubber of the slicks all over the backseat haha

bringing that extra set of slicks out to the track is worth half a second to a second in a quarter mile drag race.

Hey Tim...love the picture, can you modify it to have white stripes like my car? haha
My street tires are getting really bald from exibition of speed, i will need drag radials soon.

...How's this Dave? In case you can't see it - 'front plate reads "WIDE FO".

Attachments

• da.jpg
    da.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 50

Stacey Enderle

A very nice way to say "Hi" from the cockpit to everyone!

Midnight Special said:
...Oh Stacey, I'd love nothing more than to say that was my airplane, but I couldn't afford the responsibility for such a machine if one were given to me.

I've been fortunate to the privilage of chairing our local air shows where we honor the greatest (WWII) generation as well as those like Doug who persist unselfishly so you and I can share our experiences here :) Privileged too in meeting accomplished veterans, pilots, people with real stories to tell whose generosity extends to opportunities like flying in warbirds!

We have that here when it comes to our GT/CSs. For some time now, we have supported and facilitated our 4-wheeled passions with growing kinship. I like seeing the regulars go a li'l "personal" with confidence (and photos) as a sort of "site celebrity" thing... I've enjoyed the "real" people here as well as moderation of "riff raff" thanks to Jon.

There is no better feeling than getting caught in the act of doing what you love. I enjoy helping people accomplish that 'cuz so many have helped me... I'm glad you (and others) posted your picture! "Sally Fields" has nothing on you Stacey :)) Keep lookin' up!!

Maybe oneday, I might be lucky enough to enjoy a ride in one of those old flying warbirds. I've always enjoyed flying, but it's a very expensive hobby. I'm waiting for my two daughters to get out on their own and then I may be able to pursue it once again. For now my CS is my enjoyment and as long as I still have it, I'll always enjoy it. :smile: It's great to have wonderful folks like you and others to share our interests in and just plain ham it up. It's like family here.

Stacey Enderle

Photoshop surgery

Midnight Special said:
...How's this Dave? In case you can't see it - 'front plate reads "WIDE FO".

That's a good one. I can tell you've done your photoshop surgery since last night!:grin:

Stacey

Stacey Enderle

How's your trip?

Mosesatm said:
Barb and I are in Whistler this week. Picture was taken today.

Hi Arlie,

How's your trip going? Tell everyone in your family "Hi" for me. Thanks again for the book you gave me! Have fun!

Stacey:grin:

Mosesatm

Stacey Enderle said:
Hi Arlie,

How's your trip going? Tell everyone in your family "Hi" for me. Thanks again for the book you gave me! Have fun!

Stacey:grin:

Thanks Stacey. It's going well. Here is yesterday's adventure. This is an 1100' long zip line over a river. Kinda cool. Holding out one hand or the other is supposed to keep one from spinning. Doesn't work too well. On the last line of the day we went over the river upside-down.

Last edited:

Midnight Special

Stacey Enderle said:
Maybe oneday, I might be lucky enough to enjoy a ride in one of those old flying warbirds. I've always enjoyed flying, but it's a very expensive hobby. I'm waiting for my two daughters to get out on their own and then I may be able to pursue it once again. For now my CS is my enjoyment and as long as I still have it, I'll always enjoy it. :smile: It's great to have wonderful folks like you and others to share our interests in and just plain ham it up. It's like family here.

...Stacey, if you ever come to Northern California; drop us a line & we'll likely get you a flight! These guys love to fly, but with high octane fuel around $4.50 per gallon and a plane that burns 60 gals. per hour, it can be pricey...

Here's my daughter Katie last summer in the P-51H. I'll be doing the announcing at an airshow in Auburn CA on Aug. 12th if anyone can make it. Prominent warbirds will include 3 P-51Ds, a Curtiss P-40, Grumman F8F Bearcat, Hawker Sea Fury and many AT-6s & T-28s... There will also be about 100 classic cars including my six Mustangs.

Attachments

• katie06.jpg
    katie06.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 33