• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Concourse GT/CS on eBay again

BroadwayBlue

Wow ... nice car ... nice undercarriage too.

What does this mean though?
"original, correct Shelby exhaust pipes,"

To be truly concourse doesn't need to have the correct Mustang (non-Shelby) exhaust and wheels?

Or is that considered accessories available at that time?
Or do you lose points for that?

Just curious.

Great looking car though.
R

hcsstang

If you attend a concours show you lose points being not painted the correct color . So I don't consider it in the concour class.

franklinair

Is the color not Candyapple red? The Shelby wheels look good, but I'm not sure they are correct for a C/S concourse level. It looks like a superb restoration, rotisserie, etc. Hasn't this been for sale/sold recently?
Neil Hoppe

RedGTvert

I wonder if this is a new owner or on consignment. I don't remember exactly where it was, but it wasn't Texas.

The ad does not state MCA Concours winner, it is something called Silver Post War Sports at the 2006 Geneva Ill Councour de Elegance.

quicknick

What's up with the emblem on the pass. dash panel? It's not the factory one, nor is it Paul's. This car is sweet though.

franklinair

Other than the Shelby wheels, it looks concourse to me (I'm not knowledgeable enough to know about the exhaust - perhaps Jeff Speegle could elaborate). It's Candyapple red (68), Deluxe interior (68). What am I missing? Help!!
Neil

donsonn

It is a sweet looking car, although there are a few things that are NOT original and therefore NOT concours. Because it is a 289 (and therefore NOT a GT), the exhaust system is completely wrong for the car. It did not originally have dual exhaust, resonators, quad tips, etc. so what he calls a correct Shelby exhaust (date coded no less) is not concours correct. Although I feel the dual exhaust (and wheels and tires as well) are a real nice touch, I would not be promoting them as "correct" or "concours" for a 289 that came with a single tail pipe.

franklinair

It's off of E-bay today, 10-20-07. A day early, I think. The last bid I saw was $19,100, far short of the $30,000 But It Now price. OR- someone offered $30K and got it.
Neil Hoppe