• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Concourse '68 Shelby

390cs68rcode

car looks pretty clean. The paint daubs seem "funny" to me. I guess they were going for the "not so perfect look" to the markings. If I were going to this extreme I would have made the daubs a little more "nice". I assume the black spots on the floorpan are correct. Those spots would not be correct for a San Jose car.

Mustanglvr

So what kind of rear reflectors are on this Shelby? They look like the early set in ones, but they are chromed. This car should have originally came with Marchalls would`nt it? I guess Lucas would be correct too if they had them changed for the recall.

68gt390

luisa2552 said:
It's supposed to have a white top, though looks better with black.

Seems to me since they went to this much trouble to restore the car correctly they would have put the correct top on it. I'm sorry but, for me this is just a little to correct. You can't enjoy and drive the car. All that work just to let it sit? :icon_no:

Don

luisa2552

I agree with you Don. Isn't concourse restoration putting as is was from the factory? I'd drive it. 68 Shelby convert is my dream car, but in Highland Green of course.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

It's also possible that the Marti report may be in error regarding the top

luisa2552

Or could it have been a special order? There is no sold date on the Marti report. I just can't picture it with a white top.

GTCSMustang

The buck tag and build sheet show "TOP4" and "4" both indicating white top. I guess they just decided to go with black. I have a gold 1968 Shelby with a white top and think it looks better with the white top, but that's just my opinion. The car in question looks a little over-restored to me. The tags on the firewall and tag on the anti-backfire canister are not correct for 1968. Looks like they took all the stuff they liked from 1968, 1969, and 1970 and included all of the tags. It's mostly reproduction parts. But I'm not even sure is would score that well in the "restored with reproduction parts" class. It has reproduction 10-spokes, wrong tires obviously (should be small-letter Goodyear Speedway E70-15's), reproduction or service PS hoses, wrong (Koni?) shocks, and other stuff. Pretty nice car though. The current high bidder on the car also bid on a 1970 SCJ drag-pack Mach I had, so I suspect the auction is "real".

Jason,

I was loading a 1968.5 CJ convertible for it's journey to Ohio to be restored yesterday. Get your starter delays?

Scott

390cs68rcode

GTCSMustang said:
Jason,

I was loading a 1968.5 CJ convertible for it's journey to Ohio to be restored yesterday. Get your starter delays?

Scott

yellow one or the one that the pizza guy has? If it was the pizza guy one, um..........do you own it now?

waiting on the pics for the starter delays.

390cs68rcode

Scott (GTCSMustang) won't admit it but he has (and had) some VERY cool cars.

maybe this little encouragement will get him to post up some pics and details. If he doesn't then oh well he wants to keep them private.

GTCSMustang

Here's a Gold 1968 GT-500 convertible I have. I'll see what other pictures I can round up.

GTCSMustang

OK...maybe now.

Attachments

• Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 34

GTCSMustang

Here's a 1968 J-code convertible I have. Original paint.

Attachments

• DSC00722.JPG
    DSC00722.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 32