• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Clones that Don't Suck!!!

Mosesatm

Attachments

• Red Clone 1.jpg
    Red Clone 1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Red Clone 2.jpg
    Red Clone 2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Blue Clone 1.jpg
    Blue Clone 1.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Blue Clone 2.jpg
    Blue Clone 2.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 59

BigJim

For what they want for these clones you could get the real deal.

dalorzo_f

Funny the red/orange one does not show the front. Has the twist locks, but can't tell about the fogs.

+1 on the prices... but nice looking cars... I'd say neither is worth over $11-14k as a slightly modifed good condition coupe.

Not sure who would have appraised the blue one at $25k... OK looking car, but the custom interior install shows a lot of wrinkles and poor fit... other than that basically a bog standard coupe with a new engine... that's worth $25k in today's market.... ??? :eek:

Interesting they both added 12 slots and GT hubcaps, but not a GT gas cap. Or during the repaint they didn't remove the Mustang fender script... yet paid for the GT/CS rear fiberglass/lights/scripts and paint.

clubpro

Arlie,

That's TJ O'brien's old clone that was sold and is now in San Diego. It is a great car and in great shape. I'm surprised that the current owner is selling the car.

Cheers,

Ron

somethingspecial

If anyone calls and gets the VINs on clones, let me know. I also document KNOWN clones, as to avoid unscrupulous/unknowing sellers down the line from passing good clones off as the real deal. A reason to always insist on a Marti Report.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I like the red one. It even has witness lines on the scoops and no black paint on the tail light bezels!
If it runs as well as it looks I think $16K is quite reasonable especially as a daily driver or road trip car.