• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

here come the clones

P

PNewitt

Thanks JBART for the heads up on that! The seller says that he has three...well, we'll see.

That reminded me of mentioning to buyers and owners of the '07-'08 GT/CSs to get that Ford documentation for true authenticity. Kind of like a Ford version of a Marti Report for the late model cars.

I just wonder what the dealer price would be for these items all added up. Would it be less than the $2,100 that he's offering? It brings up that same concern for clones vs. modifying a Mustang into a CS, whether a '68 or '07-'08. I didn't expect to see this so soon, and yet, here it is already. <sigh>

I'll have the Ford part numbers for ALL these same items in the book.

If I owned a late model CS, I'd at least get another (faux) CS gas cap as a back up.

thanks again!!!

Paul N.

koronen

I ordered a factory direct GT/ CS. The option cost 1,850 when I ordered it. And anyways, the two toned interior is a major part of the CS. A dead giveaway of a clone car would be a monotone interior, since that kit does not come with a new interior.

Z28ZL1

Also, to tell a true 07-08 GT/CS, is that they were only in V8's not V6's. That would be a dead giveaway for sure. I agree with koronen, that the two-tone interior would also be a dead giveaway, unless the seller has them too. After you add all of this to make a true clone, it would almost be cheaper to buy a used 07 GT/CS or order the GT with the CS option for $1850. I wish Ford would state a true CS on the VIN# or have a special plate in the engine compartment/interior dash or glove box to indicate a true CS like they do on the Shelby's/Bullitt.

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

a copie of your window sticker with the option list,showing the option is probably the only proof for latemodels at least for now. it is going to fall on us owners to make this distinction. i think i might make up a board to display at shows warning of clones and how to authenticate a true gt/cs.
so the only recognized proof at this time would be the window sticker showing the option with the vin number?? yes???

aemoo28

Yes I agree the proof I have is the window sticker with the VIN and California Special package. All CSs MUST be GTs according to the Ford website. And the two tone interior. Actually, the other CS I test drove had 3 tones (V8 automatic) with the front dash having grey/cream/tan along with the black. This color combo wasn't too attractive. Why do they want to be us so badly? We are so cool, with our authentic Specials!

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

does anyone know if paul n. is addressing clones in the new registry??? 68's and latemadels?
how's the saying go: imitation is the sincerest form of flattery???

aemoo28

Also they forgot the "dual exhaust tips" that are "rolled and polished". Can't have the mandatory dual exhaust with the V6. AND what about the Shelby back end? And we know that '05 & '06 didn't produce a CS. AND the whole mandatory interior upgrade package on the CS. This really irks me. If I see a single exhaust "so called CS" anywhere I'm gonna have to go wild.

Z28ZL1

Also they forgot the "dual exhaust tips" that are "rolled and polished". Can't have the mandatory dual exhaust with the V6. AND what about the Shelby back end? And we know that '05 & '06 didn't produce a CS. AND the whole mandatory interior upgrade package on the CS. This really irks me. If I see a single exhaust "so called CS" anywhere I'm gonna have to go wild.

I agree with you. V6 owners are now really being diehard, meaning that they are now converting their single exhaust to duals. They are even going supercharged to get the same hp as the GT's. Where will it all end?:smile: Also can't tell (from a distance anyways) since all 05-08's look the same (body style). So if you chance upon a V6 CS can't tell unless you look at the rear facia or single exhaust.

jk89cat

let it bother you all you want if you look at a 08 accesory book, they offer all the above parts minus the seating , and i had a customer $ it out as well