• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Aftermarket A/C Bracket Color

Mosesatm

What’s the best color for the A/C bracket, and the spacers?

Attachments

• IMG_8082.jpeg
    IMG_8082.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Marty,
Do you happen to have a good engine color reference guide, or even a good photo that shows all the items and their correct colors, that you could share?

Thanks

CougarCJ

Arlie, it looks like you could use a slightly longer fan spacer? Blades should be approximatley 1/2 inside of the fan shroud. Picture is cut off, but looks like fan is mostly outside? Maybe yes, maybe no?

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Arlie, it looks like you could use a slightly longer fan spacer? Blades should be approximatley 1/2 inside of the fan shroud. Picture is cut off, but looks like fan is mostly outside? Maybe yes, maybe no?
Scott,
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll probably need to get a 2-groove pulley anyway. That should push it out far enough.

franklinair

I did all the bracketry in Semi gloss black. The spacers in basecoat dull aluminum + a very light coat of gold, to simulate a gold anodized appearance (like the Alternator spacer).

Neil

PS: I think the MCA judging sheets specify colors of the engine & accessories.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Is this the correct coil placement?

Attachments

• IMG_8088.jpeg
    IMG_8088.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 32