• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Aftermarket door shells

Ruppstang

Your welcome. These were take offs the HCS the RH I would have used but I was really really lucky and found these 2 door that were taken off 35 years ago and stored. My body guy said that that they were the best he has ever seen.
As far as the small repair in the exterior front corner it is very common and have fixed it many times with no problems. Any work on the inside is nearly impossible to cover the work because of the textured metal. I think that front inside corner was streched very thin when it was made because about 8 out of 10 have pin holes there. If they are not too bad they can be expoxyed. Good luck If you use the reproduction door shells let us know how they worked. Marty

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 27

Highlander

Stan, how big a hurry are you in? There's a big swap meet in Portland, Or. in April that may have some good used doors, and another in Monroe, Wa., in May. There is a guy from Hermiston, Or. that always goes to Portland and has lots of Mustang parts. I can check around in Spokane if you want, and there used to be a place somewhere around Seattle/Tacoma called Mustang Ranch that may have something.

Steve

The "Mustang Ranch" was sold. a few years back, and changed into "B&M Classic Auto Parts"... which has since closed it's doors, as mentioned above! I'm also under the impression that "Blue Oval" may be closed, but he may have just moved his base of operations? There is a place however, that's supposed to be loaded, with parts, and purchased many of the Factory parts, from B&M Classic, prior to their closing, called "Fastback Stack". Although I've not been there, (near Maple Valley, Washington) I have purchased parts from him, over the internet, and was quite pleased with their parts, prices, and expedience in shipping. Just another option....... You can find him at...http://www.fastbackstack.com/
Good luck, with your project!

Last edited: