• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 AC Drain Tube

x-codegtcs

OK - I now have the AC system ready to go in and I went to attach the Scott Drake rubber drain tube and found it to be quite a bit larger. The hose ID is 0.76" and the drain is 0.65". Anyone else experience this? Is there a better option than the SD version?

Ruppstang

There is a spring clamp that holds it in place. You will have to cut it to length. Measure twice cut once! Marty

OP
OP
X

x-codegtcs

Marty, thanks. It seems loose even with the clamp. How much of the tube should be beyond the floor pan? Also, my floor has a small hole directly below the tube hole. It looks like a screw for a clamp or bracket to hold the hose closer to the body...does this ring a bell?