• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Radiator overflow tube

whodat

I bought a radiator overflow tube for my car from NPD part # 8A080-2A. I have a 24" radiator and it say's I should have custom brackets made. It looks like it don't fit on the left side and is too long. It is 17" long. Should I have went with the 15" one? Anybody have a overflow tube and photo's-suggestions?
Thanks, Dominick

di81977

Here is what I currently have. It is 10" long by 3" round. Bad choice by me, too short and fat. I think 15" would be ideal, that is what I had on my HCS. 17" is probably ok. I thought I had pictures of the overflow on the HCS before I sold it, but can't find any. Attached are the 10" overflow.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...=1+2+3+13+1147708&searchTerm=spectre+overflow

All of these come with brackets that allow you to install using existing holes. Pretty easy job.

Attachments

• Overflow1.jpg
    Overflow1.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Overflow2.jpg
    Overflow2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
whodat

whodat

I went ahead and bought the 15" one. I have to get custom angle brackets made. Then put a 90 for the overflow tube until I get the neck on the radiator turned in the winter. Thanks, di81977 for coming up.