• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 A very special number.....

mbsf1970

because it matches the VIN....and I intend to keep it that way!! located it earlier this evening...now must check transmission......as soon as a kind member explains where that one is found....:rolleyes:

Stephen

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 71

Ruppstang

Congrats!!That just makes your car that much more valuable.
The transmission number is hard if not impossible to see in the car because it is right on top of the case. If it is clean which most are not you can press some clay on it and if you are lucky read the numbers.
Marty

Mosesatm

It's pretty well hidden on top of the transmission. Steve and I will look for it when we pull the engine/trans.

ETA
Oops, Marty beat me to it.

Attachments

• Transmission%20VIN.jpg
    Transmission%20VIN.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 56

Tequila

Congrats on the engine find.

I wish there would be some sort of database where owners could put in the VIN number of engine / transmissions they are seeking or vice versa. For example, my transmission is 68 transmission but not originally mated to my car. I wouldn't mind parting with it if I could find the original car it belongs to. On the same token I would love to locate my original engine/tranny.

sportyworty

Nothing sweeter than cleaning your engine in the vin location and wala there she be !! lol very cool for you congrats