• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 A very interesting day.

somethingspecial

It all started two weeks ago, I received an email from the Curator of the Petersen Auto Museum inquiring if I would consider loaning them Something Special for their upcoming "Mustangs Forever, 50 Years of a Legend" Exhibit. I called him immediately and he told me they would pay for all transportation and supply and additional insurance policy for the car. They go all out. Yesterday a truck showed up and watching it being loaded, it felt like watching your child go off to summer camp for the first time. The exhibit will run from May 3rd to Oct. 16. Can't wait to see how they display it. I'll post pics when I get back. Mike

Attachments

• petersen pick up2.jpg
    petersen pick up2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 71
  • petersen pick up4.jpg
    petersen pick up4.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 84
  • petersen pick up7.jpg
    petersen pick up7.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

well, not that one anyways. Still have my other 68' CS and a model A Ford hot rod coupe.

clubpro

Sounds like a road trip to La La land is in my future :) I can't think of a better car to represent our family at the Petersen Museum than "Something Special" and I can't think of a more deserving owner. Many don't know that Mike did a ground up restoration on this car in his driveway. Congrats Mike & Robinette!

Cheers,

Ron

CougarCJ

Congratulations!

What a great way to honor your most excellent big block GT/CS.

Ruppstang

Mike I have judged a lot of car and your is one of the best! congratulations
Marty!

robert campbell

Mike,
A true honor for your efforts to our site and your efforts on your car!!!

CONCRATS!!!

Rob

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Thanks for all the kind words. Since I don't drive this car, I am glad it is going somewhere people can enjoy it, instead of sitting in a tin can all summer (trailer). Hoping the exhibit goes well. Thanks again. If you are down in the L.A. area, check it out. LOL I've never been there, only seen it on TV, but it looks like an A-1 museum. Mike

clubpro

The Petersen Museum is one of the best that I have been to on the west coast. It is indeed a great honor to have your car selected to be part of the collection. Some of the most famous cars in the world have been in the Museum. The great thing about going is you never know what they may be featuring. It's not the same cars every time you attend like some of the other museums.

Cheers,

Ron

68sunlitgold

Mike,
Very nice! Congratulations on have your car selected...a very impressive honor and well deserved! May need to make a trip to LA.

Doug

Midnight Special

...TJ & I did Petersen last year... Mike, this is an inexpressible honor on so many levels! It will be extremely worth a trip to see how they will "do up" the Mustang 50th Anniversary! ....And there you are - sitting smack in the middle of a relatively few other hand-picked Worlds Finest Mustangs.
...One word... WOW! :)

As Rob says - You have and continue to be an honor to this family and these forums. Now it's high time you reap some serious rewards (and enjoy:) for your humble consistency & perfection.

Attachments

• _DSC0069.jpg
    _DSC0069.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 29
  • _DSC0083.jpg
    _DSC0083.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 30
  • _DSC0085.jpg
    _DSC0085.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 29
  • _DSC0090.jpg
    _DSC0090.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 29
  • _DSC0091.jpg
    _DSC0091.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 31
  • _DSC0098.JPG
    _DSC0098.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 34
  • _DSC0102.jpg
    _DSC0102.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 35
  • _DSC0065.jpg
    _DSC0065.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 27

whodat

If you go make sure you ask for the basement tour. We went several years ago when I was on the hunt for a GT/CS. And they weren't doing the basement tour. When we went a car that Elvis shot was on display and when they showed the basement tour on TV it was in the basement. So they move cars around. There wasn't any Shelby's to my disappointment.

CALIF GIRL

That is wonderful. What a great honor for you and Robinette. Congratulations Mike!

68 special

What a great honor, Mike. Can't wait for the pictures. Thank You for all you do for our GT/CS and HCS family.

Bret