• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

A little info on the 3rd 428 California Special

Mosesatm

I would guess that the owner has had numerous people ask him if it's for sale but none with Jason's passion or cash flow. When a serious buyer steps up with cash "no" often changes to "yes".

Canuck CSter

Mustanglvr said:
There`s a difference between asking "is it for sale?":confused: and saying "wanna sell it?":icon_twis There is a tactful way of asking without being rude and not willing to take no for an answer. I have run into people like this with my car and its a T-code.

No dis intended springer lady, I'm a fan of a women with such a passion for our cars...Thought u wanted to post pics....up tp you...

Mustanglvr

No dis taken Dale. ;) Just my opinion.

I just posted them. Look in the gallery.

P

PNewitt

After lots of digging, I have found the owner information, and will be making contact ASAP.

This car has been owned by this owner since 1977, and it is "all original".

Paul N.

somethingspecial

About 15 years ago, a man named Bob McClurg was at a mustang show in Oregon I think, and ran into a man named Paul, who was compiling information for a book he was writing. They got to talking about the GT/CS, and Paul told him about an S code GT/CS he knew about. He even had pictures in his brief case of the car sitting in a field. Well, That chance meeting and exchange of information led to Bob buying the car from some dumb kid who disassembled the car with grand dillusions of restoring the car. Well Bob had it for 13 years and started the long restoration. He got it almost completed and decided to offer it back to that same dumb kid, now a responsible adult, and the means to finish the resto. That exchange of information, which some would consider un-ethical, led to the preservation of a rare car. Paul, use your best judgement, and keep your integrity intact. If there IS a conflict in your decision, remember, Integrity!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mike

John McGilvary

I think it is very cool that 2 of 3 CS/CJs were sold in Utah, not more than 100 miles away from each other. I have never seen the other (other than mine) CS but I'll be looking. John

rvrtrash

PNewitt said:
that black paint option must be the hood scoop stripe.

Paul, since you've dealt with Kevin Marti and have a bunch of reports on hand, is there any way you could find out FOR SURE just what that line on the report signifies? I always figured it was the side stripe but it seems there is some doubt on this board, that it could go either way. I think this would be important for your book.

Steve

Mosesatm

In our company we have a test that every decision we make must pass.
Is it good for the customer?
Is it good for the company?
Is it ethical/moral?
Is it legal?

If we can't answer "yes" to every one of those questions we're not to do it.

P

PNewitt

I appreciate the advice. Yes, there is some professionalism to consider, and to be very careful.

What I choose to do is notify the owner, as Registrar, that a person is interested in buying the car. I would consider this in the same context as notification or question about a production item on the car, etc.

From that point, it's up to the owner to decide if he/she wishes to pursue the offer or not--by choosing to contact the potential buyer, by phone, e-mail, etc. The power lies with the owner. I'm just passing on the information. I have to be very fair about this. Especially since the inquiry has been posted on the internet. If it had been a PM only inquiry, I would have to consider that, too. But, I would probably do the same thing.

I hope that everyone knows that I don't actively solicit the selling and buying of the GT/CS. In the past, I have put sellers and buyers together that had sent me letters, but that has been rare.

Some cars, like feral cats, decide to live at other people's houses. Mike's car decided to come home, and be restored. (LOL).

thanks again!

Paul N.

gt bandit

OK I think the ethics thing has been done to satisfy all parties - Now lets find that car , I cant wait to see what it looks like today.

I must have pictures - i am starting to get withdrawal symptom's -

GTCSMustang

The "Black Paint Stripe" on the Marti Report is not the hood stripe. It does not show up on the Marti Reports of the other 1968 Cobra Jet cars I have had, nor does it show up on the Marti Report for the 428 HCS I have. I believe that it is the optional accent pin-stripe that was offered that runs along the side of the car near the tops of the fenders. My friends 1968.5 CJ Convertible has a "White Paint Stripe" on the Marti report, so it can't be the black hood stripe.

Scott

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

GTCSMustang said:
The "Black Paint Stripe" on the Marti Report is not the hood stripe. It does not show up on the Marti Reports of the other 1968 Cobra Jet cars I have had, nor does it show up on the Marti Report for the 428 HCS I have. I believe that it is the optional accent pin-stripe that was offered that runs along the side of the car near the tops of the fenders. My friends 1968.5 CJ Convertible has a "White Paint Stripe" on the Marti report, so it can't be the black hood stripe.

Scott

looks like we have a winner!

rvrtrash

Does anyone have a picture of what the pin stripe looks like and it's exact location? If I'm supposed to have one (in red) I'll probably need to go get it done. :rolleyes:

Steve

GTCSMustang

Steve,

Page 7 of the 1968 Mustang Sales Brochure has a picture of a Lime Gold convertible with the black accent stripe.

Scott

rvrtrash

I'll have to find a copy and look at it. I added a pin stripe to one of my pictures with paint, copying GTBandit's stripe, and it doesn't look to bad. I'll have something to think about over the winter. I'd post the pic for comment but once again I can't make it small enough.

Steve

GTCSMustang

Here's a picture...or two.

Scott

Attachments

• DSC00071.JPG
    DSC00071.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC00072.JPG
    DSC00072.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 93

rvrtrash

Thanks Scott. I played around with my picture a little and got it small enough. Except for the shade being a little off and my inability to draw a straight line with a mouse, what do you all (y'all for some of you) think?

Steve

Attachments

• paint2a.JPG
    paint2a.JPG
    241.8 KB · Views: 46