• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

A little info on the 3rd 428 California Special

390cs68rcode

Here is the Marti report on the 3rd 428 CS. White, ivy gold interior, 4 speed, 4.30 rear end. I will upload a larger picture of the Marti report on Tuesday.

For the record I will pay $3000 to anyone that could locate this car and I buy it.

428whitecsmarti.jpg

Attachments

• 428whitecs.jpg
    428whitecs.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Mustanglvr

You need to post this request on other Mustang sites too. www.mustangfurums.com is a good one.
I sure hope the car still exists. I hope you find it, I`d like to see you get one Jason.

Last edited:

Mosesatm

Isn't this car, along with the owner's name, in the first registry?

hicountrybob

390cs68rcode said:
yes. nothing comes up on google for him.

got any other people finding websites?
For a high school reunion, we located some grads. at the public library on the CCD-Rom bit. Bob here.

John McGilvary

390cs68rcode said:
Here is the Marti report on the 3rd 428 CS. White, ivy gold interior, 4 speed, 4.30 rear end. I will upload a larger picture of the Marti report on Tuesday.

For the record I will pay $3000 to anyone that could locate this car and I buy it.
Good find! Price is only a few miles away from where I live. I don't know right off if the dealership is still in Price, but I'll find out. A friend told me the other day that his cousin had a CS just like mine, but we were a little tuned in, you know how that goes. I"ll get back to ya. John

asahlstein

What is this persons name? and what city did the last registry list for him? I find people through county tax records.....

Art in Texas

P

PNewitt

that black paint option must be the hood scoop stripe.

There is a question of ethics here for me, as Registrar. I looked in my notes, and there is no owner, but as I listed in the 1989 Registry, it was found by Mike Dobbins, who sent me a small listing of VINs, back in 1983. So--this car was known of more than 23 years ago, and who knows what's happened to it since then.

"IF" I locate this car, and qualify for the $3K finder's reward, then I'd have to think about what to do. I could donate half of it to the Shelby Children's Heart Fund.

There is the matter of privacy, too. I don't think a lot of owners would like being contacted via the registry whether they'd sell their GT/CS or not. That wasn't the original intent of the Registry.

Not to sidestep the topic here, but what are all of your thoughts on this? I just might find this car with what I have here.

thanks, Paul N.

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

Paul:

I think if you approach the owner properly I think he would not be offened if a collector was interested in the car. The owners name is listed in the 96 registry so if he still owns it then the info is public.

At the very least if the car is gone then we could note it in the current registry.

I would happily pay you or anyone/anywhere else the $3000 finders fee if I buy it.

gt bandit

if you find it and the owner understands what he has got i doubt he will be a keen vendor - probably will go the Auction route.

looking at the recent Hemi hunter sales - you could be looking at $80k+

sure would like to see it found though - I would also love to bid on this rare special. but dont have the reddies to match a Jason bid!!

PS - its Bl@#$#y frezzin here in Illinois - glad i am on a plane home tomorrow. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Shaun

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

gt bandit said:
if you find it and the owner understands what he has got i doubt he will be a keen vendor - probably will go the Auction route.

looking at the recent Hemi hunter sales - you could be looking at $80k+

sure would like to see it found though - I would also love to bid on this rare special. but dont have the reddies to match a Jason bid!!

PS - its Bl@#$#y frezzin here in Illinois - glad i am on a plane home tomorrow. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Shaun

the car could possibly be in really bad shape and need a 70-80k resto.

rvrtrash

OK, OK, just to keep you guys from stressin' out, I'll take the car and restore it.:grin: Man, the things I have to do around here!

Steve

Mosesatm

Paul, since the owner's name is in the '96 registry I, for one, don't see a problem with you contacting him. He knew, or should have known, that allowing his name to be published in a book that was sold internationally made his name public.

If you have his address or phone number you should certainly be allowed to contact him and at least find out if he wants to talk to Jason. You would be the most instrumental person in bringing the last of the rarest GT/CSs back to life. That seems like a noble cause.

PNewitt said:
that black paint option must be the hood scoop stripe.

There is a question of ethics here for me, as Registrar. I looked in my notes, and there is no owner, but as I listed in the 1989 Registry, it was found by Mike Dobbins, who sent me a small listing of VINs, back in 1983. So--this car was known of more than 23 years ago, and who knows what's happened to it since then.

"IF" I locate this car, and qualify for the $3K finder's reward, then I'd have to think about what to do. I could donate half of it to the Shelby Children's Heart Fund.

There is the matter of privacy, too. I don't think a lot of owners would like being contacted via the registry whether they'd sell their GT/CS or not. That wasn't the original intent of the Registry.

Not to sidestep the topic here, but what are all of your thoughts on this? I just might find this car with what I have here.

thanks, Paul N.

Mustanglvr

I think the only contact to be made is to find out what condition its in for the sake of the registry, to inform them how rare it is, to ask if they`d like to be in the new registry and to ask if its for sale.

Canuck CSter

Mustanglvr said:
I think the only contact to be made is to find out what condition its in for the sake of the registry, to inform them how rare it is, to ask if they`d like to be in the new registry and to ask if its for sale.

I agree with the lady, but to ask if the car is for sale is a little rude ( they may have emotional attachment ) but that being said, there are people interested in this car if IT WAS for sale, from the site.

This way the cause is for the better of the hobby, such a rare find needs to be brought back to life for the sake of knowledge...

The fact Jason is interest and the current owner reaps the financial gain, so be it...

I ponder selling mine to someone ( like him )who has more resources to show it off to the masses, because I don't have the time or cash. ( and it's only an s code )

People like him and scott and others on this board are not in it for a buck, ( there stables ) prove that...they are our chance to carry on our passion for our cars at the elite level...

Just in this world today, as our values go up and up, soon ( sad to say ) but true, only the truely well off will be able to afford our hobby....or the elite ones..I get 9 miles to the gallon

Progression has many faces and costs, we are truely lucky to be able to enjoy what we have now...

Think many Shelby owners have trouble with the rent at the end of the month.

Just my thoughts...

The more I watch BJ and see the same guy buy 5 cars I ask myself, how much love does he have for these cars...

Better we have people who love our cars and have the cash to protect our cars from such opportunitists....

Mustanglvr

There`s a difference between asking "is it for sale?":confused: and saying "wanna sell it?":icon_twis There is a tactful way of asking without being rude and not willing to take no for an answer. I have run into people like this with my car and its a T-code.