• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

A little info on the 3rd 428 California Special

GTCSMustang

It goes down the rear quarter too. Does your Marti report call for a red one?

Scott

Attachments

• DSC00073.JPG
    DSC00073.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC00074.JPG
    DSC00074.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 38

nfrntau

I think the dark color pin stripe on the lighter color car distracts from the side stripes.
On the flip side, My hands shake a little, so if you like that squiggly look on your pin stripe I can accomodate you. :)
Bill

rvrtrash

Yes my Marti does call for a red stripe so I kind of want to put it back on but didn't really care for the picture I drew. I thought it was distracting also. I tried another one with a smaller stripe that would be closer to a pin stripe in size. I would really like to hear reactions to it. By the way, I'm sorry for hijacking the thread so I'm starting a new one with the new picture.

Steve

P

PNewitt

428 CJ GT/CS is NOT FOR SALE

I just talked with the owner of the 428 CJ GT/CS (in question here), and had a wonderful conversation. Very nice people.

The bottom line is that this car IS NOT FOR SALE. This owner is like a lot of us, that have our specials for a very long time (like myself, 1974), and they do not wish to part with it--at any price.

So, please DO NOT bother the owner of this GT/CS (or anyone else you find in the Registry) looking for cars for sale. These days, internet can be used to invade people's privacy with the information it can provide; so, please do not bother these folks.

The GT/CS Registry does not make it a habit of looking for "potential" cars for sale, or contacting owners, etc. That's not the intent of the Registry. If you, or anyone else wished to sell their GT/CS, you can snail mail me the information, and I can match it with people who have inquired. The contact info goes to the seller only. OR--you can post it here on the appropiate webpage.

I don't recommend posting threads like this--since it causes problems. "IF" you need to approach someone in the registry (about anything), please snail mail me (with stamps to forward the message) about it, and if I have the time, I might be able to help out.

Sorry, but this GT/CS is definately not available. On the bright side, there will be photos of it in my new book.

Thanks for understanding,

Paul Newitt

GTCSMustang

Paul,
Did the owner say anything regarding the condition of the car? Restored? Original? Modified?
Scott

gt bandit

Wow - I didnt know you have had your car that long Paul , fantastic mate well done. I am envious , but then i don't think i would have had the financial capacity to afford even a toy one at age 4.

congrats to all the original / 70s owners of specials - you crew are real certified CS enthusiasts to keep a car that long.

Mosesatm

It's amazing that all 3 R-codes are still alive and accounted for!

joedls

Paul, did you invite the owner of this car to join this forum? I'm sure people here would love to ask him questions and share their love of these cars with him. If you do talk to him about this, you might want to tell him that he'd probably have instant "celebrity" status here because of his very rare car.

P

PNewitt

I can appreciate your interest and enthusiasm, and I've expressed it to the owner on the phone yesterday. He "might' join up; I'm not sure.

I should add that he has been "bugged" (my description) in the past about the car, from people calling. One just the other day from the Northeast--from a person that may have seen this thread.

Sometimes, when people that have things that are desirable, they have to be vigilant about them. Not everyone would agree, but I think for the most part if you got phone calls from out of the blue, it would make you kinda anxious.

IN that same context, we still have to be vigilant and aware of those that cruise this site, looking for things. They lurk, and keep an eye on various things. It's not all "evil", but in the general nature of the 'net, you have to be careful. Just look at the problems with "my space". We are appreciative of the family-group nature of our conversations, but we need to just be aware of the others that we do not know (yet).

Don't let me shun any potential new members/writers/inquirers. Hey! Come on board! I'm just saying that high profile interests need more protection.

I'll have more on this car--at a later time. I can say that I have a great photo of both this car, and a new 2007 GT/CS next to each other for the book. Both are white with black stripes, taken on the grass.

thanks--Paul N.

joedls

390cs68rcode said:
pretty slimey of someone calling up the owner AFTER I start up this thread.

ETHICS PEOPLE!

Did you ever think that maybe your offer of a finder's fee caused someone to call? How would that make the person slimey if they were responding to that? You do what you want, but I think you should have all of the facts before you pass judgement.

Midnight Special

joedls said:
Did you ever think that maybe your offer of a finder's fee caused someone to call? How would that make the person slimey if they were responding to that? You do what you want, but I think you should have all of the facts before you pass judgement.

...I must say I agree Jason. But I think we can all be reminded of a thing or two from this thread. Integrity First!...

Last edited:
P

PNewitt

"descretion is the better part of valor"

In hindsight, and as I got caught in the middle of this, I would advise that anyone looking to buy a particular car, regardless where it is, be very descreet about it.

I think that if Jason had PM'd me first, we wouldn't be having this conversation. There is this unwritten rule that when you post something on the internet, that it's all there for the world to see, and "all bets are off".
I feel that despite whomever starts the thread, when you're flashing around stuff about a car you want, you draw a lot of unwanted attention, whether you intended it or not. All "courtesy" and "respect" suddenly does not apply. Anyone who reads this, and is not even a member of the site, could have tried to contact the owner.

For the record, the call that I mentioned from the "Northeast" was from someone that I did not know anything about. The owner told me about it on the phone. I was, frankly, kinda p.o'd about the invasion of his privacy.

There was another person interested in the car, and they PM'd me first a few days ago, and was thoughtful enough to say that if Jason didn't want the car, that he'd be interested in it. That gave me the option of not having to make an immediate choice. Of course, the car is not available, and so, all of this is now history.

I think that the lesson here is to not be too flambouyant about your intentions--especially on the 'net. I'm not inviting anyone to PM me about potential GT/CSs for sale, but there are routes to go to get what you might want. This thread was not one of them. I think we can now move on from this...

Paul N.

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

joedls said:

yep, learned my lesson. keep my mouth shut.

how would it make someone slimey? If they were trying to BUY the car then it would be slimey. If they were trying to find out if it was for sale and collect the finders fee from me then all is OK with me. Only the owner and the person who called the owner would know these things for sure.

there is "my judgement"

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

for the record I posted a finders fee ($1000) on this website for a 390 CS with a C-6.

guess what? that's how I got my 390 CS that I own today. It worked before so why would it not work again?

I gladly paid the finders fee.

joedls

390cs68rcode said:
yep, learned my lesson. keep my mouth shut.

how would it make someone slimey? If they were trying to BUY the car then it would be slimey. If they were trying to find out if it was for sale and collect the finders fee from me then all is OK with me. Only the owner and the person who called the owner would know these things for sure.

there is "my judgement"

I can't say that I agree with you, but my point was that you already made your "judgement" and posted it for all to read before you had all the facts (which, from what you wrote, I'm assuming you still don't have).

You absolutely have the right to post a finder's fee on the internet. But, in my opinion, you shouldn't then get upset with the results that the offer creates. Sometimes, discretion is the better part of valor.

BroadwayBlue

Just for the record and being one of the few from the Northeast ... I didn't make the call. :cool:

Sounds like it wasn't someone from the site or not a regular ...

From conversations online and in person, there are a number of people that "check out" this site from other Mustang sites and don't join or post. You dont need to register at this site to read the posts and this site comes up very high in search engines.

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

it was not a regular, they contacted me privately after registering.

BroadwayBlue said:
Just for the record and being one of the few from the Northeast ... I didn't make the call. :cool:

Sounds like it wasn't someone from the site or not a regular ...

From conversations online and in person, there are a number of people that "check out" this site from other Mustang sites and don't join or post. You dont need to register at this site to read the posts and this site comes up very high in search engines.