• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

40th Anniv.GT/CS Registry Decals

Perkchiro

This opinion was not meant to start a new vs. old war of words. I like the CS's new and old, and what I meant, was that I and other new car owners now talk to people about the GT/ CS's old and new.
So with that said, I'll go back to reading and not posting like before. That way I stay out of trouble with all of the GT/CS owners.

Ah now Ladystang, don't let them bad boys and girls chase you away. Hang in there and post away and let the chips fall where they may. You have a lot to contribute. I love those new stangs and I love the old ones even more. We all have the common bond of GT'CS family history. Those differences in points of view are common among families, and we're no different here. Hang in there Ladystang! :wink:

Mustanglvr

This opinion was not meant to start a new vs. old war of words. I like the CS's new and old, and what I meant, was that I and other new car owners now talk to people about the GT/ CS's old and new.
So with that said, I'll go back to reading and not posting like before. That way I stay out of trouble with all of the GT/CS owners.

No, keep posting LadyStang. Your input and opinion are very important here on the site, just as much as everyone else. I think the 07`s have brought alot of attention to the 68`s, especially by the owners of the 07`s.

Midnight Special

Hang in there Ladystang! I know I'm among the worst re; screwing up threads... Can't help myself... We should get back to Paul's decals.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Oh, gosh, Ladystang....don't feel like you can't post....I'm echoing the previous comments...keep posting! Pleeezeee..come back! :)

No problem at all.... What I've learned from this thread, is despite my and everyone else's efforts over the years, there are STILL so many folks, both into, and not into Mustangs --that STILL don't know what a GT/CS is ('68 OR '07).

We need to get the word out a lot more, and maybe we can collectively, do an article for a Mustang magazine; or two, or three. Photos of both generations together, too! With '08 coming up, this would be really appropiate.

As for the 40th Anniv. Decal, what if I did a graphic somehow showing the old type stripe "dissipating" into the new stripe...?? And with "1968" over the old one, and "2007/08" over the new one. No drawings of cars, just words and that stripe "evolution".

How's that? Would everyone use that?

Paul N.

luisa2552

I guess I'll be the first to chime in on the latest decal idea and hopefully not raise too many hackles. I wouldn't use it. Ford didn't wait until '08 to come out with the "anniversary" remake of the CS so the new model has nothing to do with our cars turning 40! If they do a anniversary addition for '08 it won't be as big of a deal because they already have the '07. The '68's should be commemorated with thier own 40th anniversary decal as would be the case if the new CS was never made.

hicountrybob

I guess I'll be the first to chime in on the latest decal idea and hopefully not raise too many hackles. I wouldn't use it. Ford didn't wait until '08 to come out with the "anniversary" remake of the CS so the new model has nothing to do with our cars turning 40! If they do a anniversary addition for '08 it won't be as big of a deal because they already have the '07. The '68's should be commemorated with thier own 40th anniversary decal as would be the case if the new CS was never made.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bob here.

Midnight Special

...Good point!

But maybe multiple designs are in order for those who want to honor the newer ones. As I understand it - the '07s are being included in the registry too, Right? Why not at least "offer" a combo or both?... My $.02 only

joedls

As for the 40th Anniv. Decal, what if I did a graphic somehow showing the old type stripe "dissipating" into the new stripe...?? And with "1968" over the old one, and "2007/08" over the new one. No drawings of cars, just words and that stripe "evolution".

How's that? Would everyone use that?

Paul N.

I'd have to see what you mean. In my mind, from what you describe, it would be nothing more than the stripe that's on the 2007. Also, I'd really like to see a decal with the car on it. One for 1968 and one for the 2007/2008.

John McGilvary

I agree 100% !!!!

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

This is getting confusing.

I'm noticing a real sense of pride for BOTH the '68 and '07 GT/CS Mustangs by owners. That's fine. However, I see hesitation of using decals that combine both cars' images on one decal. I also see a considerable resistance for early model owners having anything with a late model image or stripe on it. That's not to say that that's a negative thing--it's just a matter of "to each their own". I understand.

The original decal I did, is what I sent to Ford for approval. We'll see what they say. Demand for anything else can be developed and considered at a later date.

We also have that late model dash plaque thingy, too. That item may replace the need for a decal. "IF" any late model owner wishes to use the 40th decal that I have shown you--they can use it; but that, of course, is an individual decision.

Paul.
(p.s. the book fliers--to my mailing list--are being delayed until I hear back from Ford--sorry. I should know ASAP).

John McGilvary

This is getting confusing.

I'm noticing a real sense of pride for BOTH the '68 and '07 GT/CS Mustangs by owners. That's fine. However, I see hesitation of using decals that combine both cars' images on one decal. I also see a considerable resistance for early model owners having anything with a late model image or stripe on it. That's not to say that that's a negative thing--it's just a matter of "to each their own". I understand.

The original decal I did, is what I sent to Ford for approval. We'll see what they say. Demand for anything else can be developed and considered at a later date.

We also have that late model dash plaque thingy, too. That item may replace the need for a decal. "IF" any late model owner wishes to use the 40th decal that I have shown you--they can use it; but that, of course, is an individual decision.

Paul.
(p.s. the book fliers--to my mailing list--are being delayed until I hear back from Ford--sorry. I should know ASAP).

Hey Paul, no disrespect to any of the 07CS owners but IMO I think it is the time to shine for the 68CS owners. As you know I am an original owner of my CS and this kind of recognition has been a long time comming. The 07's will have thier turn because they are an important part of the CS heritage, and I am sure that anyone who decides to own one of the very cool 07CS's will feel the same way I did when I bought my 68 California Special.

John

case12

I would like to see one for each. They dont have to be the same decal/plaque. One for the 68 and a different one for the 07,08's. Seems like that would suit the tastes of both the old and the new? Casey

Talan423

i believe ford is going with the 40th anniversary "bullitt" instead of the gt/cs.

Stacey Enderle

Always remember that your opinion is as important as everyone else's and very much welcomed here. I enjoy just plain lurking around here and read em all. As a 68er, I enjoy the new ones as well.

Stacey

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

i believe ford is going with the 40th anniversary "bullitt" instead of the gt/cs.

I checked today with my "very reliable source",
and the '08 GT/CS is "still a go".
Production is still on track.
Sales of the '07 GT/CS have been very good, too.

Paul N.

PFSlim

I think there should either be one decal (that just says GTCS Registry) or two separate decals. One for the 68 cars and one for the new GTCS.

Paul

68gt390

I like Sara's idea. It's time for the 68 CS to shine on their 40th. That's just my opinion and we all know how those are.

Don :grin: