• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

40th Anniv.GT/CS Registry Decals

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

This is a good response, and a good sample. Thank you all for your input.

What I think I'll do is make the 40th decal with the '68 artwork only, and the late model folks can also use that decal if they'd like, since it has the "2008" year on the artwork. Some of these owners might like to show others what the original looked like, so it explains the history of their car. That can add to their vehicle's understanding, value and heritage. It would be like '66 Hertz Shelby artwork on a decal on the window of a late model Hertz Shelby.

Or...

Wait and see what Ford does for the 2008 GT/CS, and then decide how to go with the late model decal. I don't mean to put off the late model folks, but the 40th anniversary IS about the original version, regardless of whether a late model is available or not.

BUT!!!.....Please Don't get me wrong here--I completely respect and appreciate the late model folks (!!), and I'd love to own one myself. This is only about decals....and what artwork to use. ....and again, we can wait a bit here, and see what happens for '08 model year, and then go from there for a possible '07-'08 40th Anniv. decal.

How's that? OK?

thanks again,
Paul N.

Vay

Not that i wouldnt mind having the decal,but the '68ers should have something all to themselves...they have earned it. :smile:

Ladystang

Without the new CS, I don't think there would be as much attention on the older, orginial CS as there is now.
Just my opinion.

Caligirl

I like trying to incorporate the original 68 into my 07. This is proveing to be more difficult than I expected. I like the idea of the decal without any pics on them.

joedls

Without the new CS, I don't think there would be as much attention on the older, orginial CS as there is now.
Just my opinion.

I disagree. I haven't met one person who's seen my car and commented on it that even knew about the new GT/CS. In fact, I've never seen one on the road until last week and I live in SoCal.

case12

I disagree. I haven't met one person who's seen my car and commented on it that even knew about the new GT/CS. In fact, I've never seen one on the road until last week and I live in SoCal.

Joe, Here is irony for you. Living in the midwest I have seen 6 new 2007 GT/CS's. What I tend to hear is that people here know about the 07 GT/CS and didnt know there was a 68 GT/CS. I even tried to explain it to a floor salesman at the FORD dealership that my 68 GT/CS was the original on which the 07 was inspired - and he was standing there looking my 68, and still didnt get it. Maybe it is a midwest thing? Casey

07GT/CS

Joe, Here is irony for you. Living in the midwest I have seen 6 new 2007 GT/CS's. What I tend to hear is that people here know about the 07 GT/CS and didnt know there was a 68 GT/CS. I even tried to explain it to a floor salesman at the FORD dealership that my 68 GT/CS was the original on which the 07 was inspired - and he was standing there looking my 68, and still didnt get it. Maybe it is a midwest thing? Casey

Casey,I read you loud and clear.Having a 07 and explaining how it came to be GT/CS.Some one thought the CS stood for Caroll Shelby.:icon_lol:

BroadwayBlue

Just my opinion.

I would tend to disagree as well. The CS popularity picked up even before the new GT/CS was public and before the Barrett Jackson exposure a few years ago. I haven't seen a huge jump in popularity for the 68's due to the new models. Most people I talk to aren't very aware that the new CS was resurrected for 07 but know about the 68s or at least had heard about them.

Someone I talked to that bought an 07 barely knew anything about the 68s or that they existed. He bought it because he thought it was a cool looking car, which it is.

The number of auctions on eBay seems to be consistent as it was prior to the 07. Just my opinion as well.

I'm basing my opinion on what I have seen since early 2005. I didn't follow the CS as closely as I have since 2005 when I bought my 68

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Just my opinion.

I didn't expect to read this comment, however, I do understand the context of how you meant it. There are now two camps for the GT/CS, and I wouldn't want to see any kind of "rift" from this decal question....

Just to clarify, the new GT/CS was built by Ford, because the marketing dept. saw my 1989 book, and this website, and the strong "niche'" enthusiasm for this variant of the 1968 Mustang. Without the older, original version, there would not have been an '07 or '08 GT/CS. We owe a lot of this to you "out there" that have kept the GT/CS spirit alive for four decades!!

All kinds of original cars have anniversaries, with or without a current version available, the GT/CS included. It's the late model version that may take advantage of the Anniversary (such as the 25th, 30th, 40th etc.), versions of the Mustang that marketing sees as a way to take advantage of that upcoming milestone. It's not as if any anniversary car would "create" that mark in time. We'd have a 40th Anniversary for the GT/CS even if Ford hadn't made the late model version. In other words, the marketing of a particular Mustang doesn't set the milestone--actually, "time" does that on it's own.

Paul N.

luisa2552

Separate decals for sure. Not to offend the owners of the late models. I've never even seen one! I live just north of SF and I thought for sure they would show up around here, but not yet.
That earlier post about the new cars bringing attention to our cars makes me laugh. It's the other way around!!!

Midnight Special

...Regardless of the opinions here, I think all of "we owners", old and new models alike, have every reason to be extremely proud. That one bolsters the other in either heritage or current production is a "win/ win" no matter what the belief. Let's not compete, or even laugh... Just enjoy! :)

I for one am very grateful Ford saw to it to create a new GT/CS and would rather to embrace the "lot" than to go to car shows (down the road) and see the vintage crowd "here" and the new crowd "way over there" casting stones at each other. Talk like this can lead to that... Now where it applies to Mustangs vs Chevys (and those ugly Corvette door handles)...

...Yeah! Bring it on!!
Long live THAT tradition :))

Last edited:

Wayne Westmoreland

I want to thank everyone on this site for making me (and other 07 owners) feel welcome here and to feel a part of the CS way of life.

The moment I saw the 07 GT/CS I knew I had to have it. I had no idea about the history behind the CS. After I bought it, I began to search the net and found this site and was blown away after reading the history of the CS. It made me feel proud to be a part of something "Special" (no pun intended).

In a way I wish I could say I choose the CS because of its history, but that is simply not true. I will say this however, I am now thinking about purchasing a 68 GT/CS and show both side by side. I think that would be cool to have a 68 & an 07 with the same color scheme shown together.

Again, thanks for making me feel a part of the group.

Wayne

L8GR868

I have a 68 then bought an 07. Last Aug. I like them both. I would like to see a 68 on one and the new CS on another. Just my two cents.
Eric

Ladystang

Just my opinion.

This opinion was not meant to start a new vs. old war of words. I like the CS's new and old, and what I meant, was that I and other new car owners now talk to people about the GT/ CS's old and new.
So with that said, I'll go back to reading and not posting like before. That way I stay out of trouble with all of the GT/CS owners.

John McGilvary

I like trying to incorporate the original 68 into my 07. This is proveing to be more difficult than I expected. I like the idea of the decal without any pics on them.

Cool idea!! Incorporating the original 68 into your 07.

John McGilvary

Just my opinion.

Just my opinion. Without the original CS, there would not be a 07 CS.
They are both way cool Mustangs in thier own right.

Ladystang, please keep posting, we are all friends here. We don't always agree,
but were still friends.

Last edited: