• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

390 CS on Ebay

Mustanglvr

68gt390 said:
I can't believe he compared his CS to the one that sold at BJ. The two cars are miles apart and I think everyone knows which direction I'm talking about. There is no comparison. I think the BJ car looked a lot better than this one (engine bay, undercarriage and interior).

Don

I was thinking the same thing Don.

PFSlim

That what Arlie is saying. That since the GT/CS sold for so much at BJ, the seller is trying to cap on that and make an even bigger sale on ebay. Basically, a good decision I think to try out the market.

Paul

MUSTANGBOY34

You are saying that this is not the original engine in this correct? when i spoke to the owner he told me thta nobody has contacted him in the past years about buying the car. Can you please clear this up.

PFSlim

MCA - This is a hard thing you are asking. Members here want folks to have a GT/CS however, if it is out there on Ebay, it is hard not to bid. Keep in mind that others here have the passion as well.

If this the car you need to get back, then we all wish you well in your bidding.

Paul

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

the seller told me at least 2 people from Canada have contacted him by phone about buying the car.

MCA:

you better bid like you want to own it or make a deal on the phone.

68gt390

Seems rather strange that MCA is pleading with us about getting his car back. We don't control the sale of this car. It's up for auction. That means hight bidder takes it home. Like everything else on ebay, bid what your willing to pay and leave it at that. I appologize if this sounds trite or harsh but, that's the way it is. My question would be if you had the car before and loved it so much then why did you get rid of it?

Don

rvrtrash

I had a car once that I sold, and regretted before the guy even paid for it. I let it go down the road because I gave my word he could have it. If I could find it again I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I might tell my story in hopes someone wouldn't bid too high but I would never ask them not to bid. If the bidding went over what I was willing to pay, then I guess I really didn't want it back that bad. Bottom line, if I want it-I pay what needs to be paid.
Steve

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

rvrtrash said:
It looks like MCA deleted his post.
Steve

I did not know you can delete a post completely. maybe we should take that option off? might make some discussions look strange with missing info/posts.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
390cs68rcode said:
I did not know you can delete a post completely. maybe we should take that option off? might make some discussions look strange with missing info/posts.
Deleting and editing are tied together, so if I turn deleting off no one will be able to go back and edit a post either. Currently I have it set so you can edit/delete posts up to 3 days after posting.

In this particular case I don't think it's anything sinister. MCA may have just thought that his posts were actually generating attention for an auction he'd rather have less bidding competition for.

twoclassics

What About Those Black Trimmed Bezels, I Need To Get A Couple New Bezels And Thats All I Can Find Is The Black Trimmed Ones, Is That All That Is Available, I Guess If That Is The Case That Is Why We Are Seeing So Many, Hey I Am Getting Pretty Smart, Anyway If There Are Just Crome Ones Available Where Are They ,chuck

PFSlim

Chuck

You can order the black trimmed ones, then use some light steel wool and alittle elbow grease and the black comes right off. Look through this website and you will see several threads about it.

Paul

68gt390

twoclassics said:
What About Those Black Trimmed Bezels, I Need To Get A Couple New Bezels And Thats All I Can Find Is The Black Trimmed Ones, Is That All That Is Available, I Guess If That Is The Case That Is Why We Are Seeing So Many, Hey I Am Getting Pretty Smart, Anyway If There Are Just Crome Ones Available Where Are They ,chuck

Chuck;
You can use some spray on paint remover to take the black paint off. Once that is done use 00 steel wool to repolish them. They'll turn out like a champ. That's what I did with mine. All bezels you'll find out there are trimed in black. Guess they figure it's easier for us to remove the black paint then for the Thunderbird folks to paint them black.

Don

BroadwayBlue

admin said:
Deleting and editing are tied together, so if I turn deleting off no one will be able to go back and edit a post either. Currently I have it set so you can edit/delete posts up to 3 days after posting.

In this particular case I don't think it's anything sinister. MCA may have just thought that his posts were actually generating attention for an auction he'd rather have less bidding competition for.

Or ... he was trying to draw attention to it and get a bidding war started ... :ponder: