• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

390 X-code on eBay

BroadwayBlue

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123&viewitem=&item=220171444466

Haven't read the whole auction in detail yet.

It does state mostly original no body filler etc.

A few things jumped out at me ...
It says all original metal but the scripts are mounted forward of where they should be and the Mustang scripts on the front quarters seem to be mounted at an angel and no rocker panels

I don't see a Marti Report noted
Looks like a pretty clean car though and it's a 390 - 'nuff said
(well currently it's a 351 in the car but a 390 comes with it - don't know if it's the original or not)

Last edited:

John McGilvary

IMO, Nice looking car from a distance, but I bet you will never see a Marti on this one saying CS.

> Look at the script,
> Look at the trunk,
> Look at the interior,
> Look at the tail lights,

"Buyer Beware"

John

joedls

I'm a little leery about this seller. First I tried to go to the website he has on the ad; no website. Then I called the #. He gave me another # to call. I called and asked if I could look at the car. He kept asking me if I wanted to make an offer. He doesn't have a Marti report. He's out of town right now; doesn't know when he'll return so the car can be inspected. Yet he states in his ad that the car can only be inspected before the auction ends. He also states that he is not responsible for any damage to the car from the time the auction ends.

BUYER BEWARE!!!

ahainline

wouldnt touch this one without a marti report.. seems like he is trying too hard to promote it as a CS and knows how many were 390's but doesnt have a Marti?? Im calling BS

Perkchiro

I agree with y'all, and I hate those leaf spring brackets hanging down for all to see.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

I thought it was odd to run this car if it is a true 390 CS as a No Reserve auction and start at such a low starting bid, but maybe that's just me.

I found something interesting in the GT/CS commercial I never noticed before. I'll post that in another thread.

Last edited:

GTCSMustang

The owner of this car called me Monday night and described the car and asked me if I was interested in buying it. He said he would e-mail me photos but I never received any (maybe he got my e-mail address wrong). I thought he told me he had the Marti report, but if he does have it he needs to post it.

joedls

Here is the response I got from the seller.

"hello currently i do not have a marti report but i was trying to order one but it takes 10 days to come in.. but i did ask him if it is true that they only made 76 of them he said yes.but i am trying to buy one soon...right now i am not in town so if you want to come look at the car let me know where you located when i can arrange something make me and offer and then we will go from there thanks and good luck bidding,"

Kinda the same answer when I called. He just kept pushing for me to make an offer without arranging for when I could inspect the car.

GTCSMustang

Hopefully he didn't make a mistake by buying the car without a Marti report.

John McGilvary

IMO, Even with a Marti I would have to look at this car before making an offer! Too many things just don't add up!!!

CALIF GIRL

Also it appears to have 67 front fenders, no turn signals in them.
The car has dual exhaust, but the wrong valiance.
no rocker panels

carezcs

I haven't seen upper consoles and no lower before. The trunk doesn't show the typical warp on the drivers side and why are the trunk and hood painted black on the inside? What is the "finish" inside the trunk? Looks like zola tone. Then there is the dreaded black tail light bezels. Buyer beware!!!!
Bruce

Mustanger

I haven't seen upper consoles and no lower before ...

... yeah, Upper consoles are more rare than Lower consoles, but maybe the upper console was added later ... also, I don't think a lower console would work with the bench seat that's in the car ... again, we don't know whether any of these options are "factory" w/o a Marti ... :ponder:

Timmknz

hmmm

you know this guy has only one sale to base his ebay reputation on. I believe you can report a suspicious sale to ebay and they will investigate it.

joedls

I sent the seller a couple of more questions. I informed him that he could get a Marti report faxed for an additional fee. I also asked about the interior not being deluxe and the car having 67 fenders. Here are his responses:

"the fenders are orignal from 1968....
also it is deluxe interior overhead counsel only is deluxe interior
thanks and good luck bidding visit my website for more pics and info @
sammysclassics.homestead.com"

and

"i can pay and extra fee but it still wont come in on paper it would be through email...

also you never placed a bidd on my mustang and you youu seem interist.. anyways if your really interised let me know make a bid first please thanks and good luck bidding"

This is the 3rd request I've made to make arrangements to inspect the car. Again, BUYER BEWARE!!!

joedls

More...

I sent him another email telling him that I could not make an offer without verifying that it is a true GT/CS and without inspecting the car. Here is his response.

"well you can come inspect it that is fine with me i am current on a buisness trip.so when i get back that will be fine with me and it is a true gt/cs i am know what your saying you want to know for your delf i completly understand that.but would you like to make me and offer first ?? if the offer is right i will fly back to california first thing in the mourning..just let me know thanks and good luck bidding"

joedls

And more...

"it had a bench seat that the way it is.. about the door panels i think they come in to differnt styles i am unshure i will need to check that out from what ppl told me and kevin marti told me he said it is one of the RAREST gt/cs ever made..but i think you should come see the car your self it looks like you are interisted but i think you should at least make me and offer because you might be thinking a whole differnt price... as i am thinking but just let me know thanks and good luck bidding"

franklinair

Sounds too shady to even waste time on. '67 fenders, '67 interior, no documentation, a too busy seller. "Original fenders from 1968" ? Pulleez!! A 351 in an X code? Sounds like this car was cobbled together.

BTW, a tip to pass on. Whenever I went to look at a Mustang to buy, regardless of year, I would pour a cup of water into the cowl. Then look to see where it ran out. If it came out IN the car - the cowl leaked. Big job to fix. And chances are the floorpans are rusted too.
Neil