• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

390 X-code on eBay

joedls

This guy's a piece of work...

I asked about the advertised A/C. Here is his response...

"it came factory with a/c the a/c compressor currently being refurbished 'im currently in st.louis like i said ..but since you are interisted i will tell you i had a offer for $22k
and i turned it down.so if you are willing to pay more then 22k let me know thanks.just figured to tell you instead of me flying down back to ca. and making arrangements to come see it..why waste time you know what i mean. get straight to the point ..thanks and good luck bidding"

John McGilvary

I asked about the advertised A/C. Here is his response...

"it came factory with a/c the a/c compressor currently being refurbished 'im currently in st.louis like i said ..but since you are interisted i will tell you i had a offer for $22k
and i turned it down.so if you are willing to pay more then 22k let me know thanks.just figured to tell you instead of me flying down back to ca. and making arrangements to come see it..why waste time you know what i mean. get straight to the point ..thanks and good luck bidding"

Joe,

When you stop laughing mail the " DI*K HEAD " back and ask who put the script on his original rare CS and if he still has the bench seats.

" You can keep your cool alot better than me "

John

franklinair

He must have removed the compressor brackets, lines, and fan shroud for refurbishment too!!
Neil

rvrtrash

"I'm in Turkakurdastan on business right now but send me big American bucks and I might decide to tell you where the car is and who the real owner is. Thank you for being such a sucker." :grin:
(Translation provided free of charge. I'll even send you a check and you can cash it and send only a small portion back to me.)

Steve

ahainline

..but since you are interisted i will tell you i had a offer for $22k
and i turned it down.so if you are willing to pay more then 22k let me know thanks.
hahhahahaha......unfortunately he will probably get big money out of the car b/c somebody wont do their homework. My guess is that you will see the same car back on E-Bay in a couple months once the buyer gets his Marti and realized he was f****d by this guy. Has anyone reported it to E-Bay?

ahainline

IMO, Nice looking car from a distance, but I bet you will never see a Marti on this one saying CS.

> Look at the script,
> Look at the trunk,
> Look at the interior,
> Look at the tail lights,

"Buyer Beware"

John

couldnt have said it better.. this thing is screaming clone! I wouldnt even say "buyer beware"... more like "Buyer get the hell away from this car because your going to get ripped off"

the more I read the more frustrated I get.

hicountrybob

Anyone ask him if it has a door tag?

Scott
I DID when he called me just BEFORE he listed the car on ebay and he said there was NO DOOR tag on this car. I told him it would be a tough sell w/o a Marti report and he then asked for Marti's phone # which I gave him. Bob here.

franklinair

The photo showing the driver's door jam - the latch is also painted red. Hasn't this car been advertised before & discussed on this forum?
Neil

CJ

The vin tag on the windshield......

appears to be very questionable when magnified and when the brightness and hue is adjusted from the glare on the windshield the numbers look almost as if they were written by hand.

CJ

gtcsvinlarge-2.jpg

Attachments

• gtcsvinlrg12.jpg
    gtcsvinlrg12.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 40
  • gtcsvin.jpg
    gtcsvin.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 35

franklinair

With all of the '67 paraphanalia on this car, it would be a good idea to look at the front torque boxes. '68's have two (L & R). '67's only have one. Of course it could be added, but that would be very obvious. Very suspicious car.
Neil