• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Mustang w/Optional TV???

njmop

On page 12 of my 1968 Mustang owner's manual it states that the dealer can install an optional "television". I've never even opened the manual before tonight and have never heard of such an option.

Anybody know if these optional "televisions" ever made it to market? Where do you install a 68 vintage TV in a mustang? My CS only came with the optional AM radio!

Just curious....
Mike

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I don't think the one on eBay is the one that went in cars. I seem to remember seeing one in a Cougar and it was more compact. I'll have to do some digging to see if I can find a pic...

OP
OP
njmop

njmop

I'd like to see a pick. I was reading up on the 68 seat belts to make sure I had the right setup and found that "TV" option. Today it's pretty common for a "monitor" in many cars, but it sounds a little ahead of it's time for 68!

GTCSMustang

It's in the 1968 Ford Accessories Catalog. Part number C5AZ 18804-A. It is not model (or Mustang) specific.

Scott