• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 1968 Ford Mustang California Special California Special Fastback - H $99,900.00

timmerzfl

Just listed on ebay.

"This is a true ONE OF NONE example as Ford never produced a Fastback version of the California special. This was restored by Dan at Colorado Mustangs and all correct Ford NOS parts were used to make this recreation possible. This is exactly what it would have looked like if Ford produced a Fastback California Special. This is one of three California Specails Dan restored; a coupe, a convertible, and this fastback. All three are incredible restorations you must see to appreciate."

Seriously????? Curious other reactions

s-l1600.jpg

speedy02

Last edited:

CougarCJ

The fastback started life as a Deluxe Coupe from Dearborn. Meaning the roof was grafted on.
The convertible is OK, I would have gone a different direction with the engine.

I really like the GT/CS convertible restomod that Troy (cobra68) did.

speedy02

The fastback started life as a Deluxe Coupe from Dearborn. Meaning the roof was grafted on.
The convertible is OK, I would have gone a different direction with the engine.

I really like the GT/CS convertible restomod that Troy (cobra68) did.
You bring up a good point and something that anyone buying a fastback needs to understand. The inventory of fastbacks out there have increased so much you wonder how many are converted coupes.

I think the Convertible is nice but I am with you @CougarCJ I think I would have went a different direction on engines.

Mosesatm

I don’t think the stripes do anything for the fastback. IMHO a clean body would look better.

Jschoony

You bring up a good point and something that anyone buying a fastback needs to understand. The inventory of fastbacks out there have increased so much you wonder how many are converted coupes.

I think the Convertible is nice but I am with you @CougarCJ I think I would have went a different direction on engines.
Well good news is it should be easy to tell from the VIN if it’s a true fastback or not… unless some shady stuff also happened.